Development Lead - Architect
Ref. no: WAR0014H
EY Global Delivery Services means 29,500 specialists providing globally IT, HR, finance, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms.
Within last few years our portfolio of IT services within EY Global Delivery Services became wide spread around the globe. We are running multiple international, from small through medium-to large software implementation projects worldwide, amongst other working on implementing web and cloud based solutions leveraging most of modern technologies e.g. Java, Corda, AI/ML, Spark/Hive, etc.
Right now, we are looking for an Development Lead / Architect to join our EY GDS Advisory team in WARSAW focused on providing IT solutions dedicated to the biggest market players in EMEA region.
We are responsible for the development of tax, insurance or banking technology products. We follow agile principles to create human-centric transformational technology. As a part of our global team you will participate in international projects based on Java and MS Azure (cloud) platform
Your key responsibilities:
You’ll be responsible for working directly with clients to transform their business problems into technology solutions. The goal is to support our clients' efforts to make their business units more effective and efficient and, where required, provide services in connection with the remediation and mitigation of process risk. You will assist engagement teams through the analysis of specific business requirements for alignment with technology architecture, infrastructure design, vendor selection and technology implementation plans that support our clients digital channel solutions.
What you will do:
- Design or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
- Demonstrate technical capabilities that support the technology system implementation process. Remain current on new developments in services capabilities and industry knowledge
- Lend specific subject matter knowledge to the design and integration phase of each project, helping to give specificity to the appropriate architecture, data model, system design and interfacing requirements
- Advice clients on a variety of business process services that help identify, assess, manage and measure the organization's capabilities. Team with client technology professionals or third-party strategic alliances to provide implementation of technology solutions
- Collaborate with client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds. Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's degree and approximately 8 years of related work experience at an Insurance carrier or Bank or consulting firm and approximately 6 years of related work experience
- Proficiency in one or many of the following competencies:
- System selection and implementation
- Definition of business and technical requirements
- Design of business and technology architecture
- Application configuration/integration
- Proof of concept
- Data mapping, conversion, migration
- Deliver system implementation through all phases of the project lifecycle, including requirements definition, architecture design, conversion, and testing; based on a proven methodology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for technical writing and client presentations
- Demonstrated strategic thinking through a proven ability to research client inquiries and emerging issues related to regulations, industry practice and new application technologies
- 7+ years’ experience in a software development or systems architecture role
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Personas, User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Experience in multiple different programming languages and technology architectures
- Experience with open source development (i.e. the Linux operating system/ Apache Web server application)
- Basic understanding of the fundamentals of encryption
- Experience with software architecture design and development
- Proven track record of excellent software development skills demonstrated through challenging, technically complex client projects
- Ability to lead technical teams comprising developers and business analysts
- Ability to communicate technical matters clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences, win supporters and spur people to action
- Critical thinker with excellent judgment and strong initiative
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Knowledge of numerous well-documented patterns and techniques
- Excitement for and passion around disruption, technological change
- Enthusiasm and the interest to learn in an evolving environment
What we look for
As we are a dynamic team of passionate developers, and we work in international teams all over the world. Facing with customers, we are “thinking-out-of-the-box" professionals. Our top performers have a team player acumen and they cope with challenges on the daily basis. If it all sounds familiar to you - we are looking forward to seeing you on board.
What working at EY GDS offers
At EY GDS you can count on stable employment and upgrading your career. You will get a support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around. You will also find the freedom and flexibility to handle your role in the most beneficial way.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
You will be happy with:
- Group life
- Art, sport
- Fresh juices