HSBC Service Delivery (Polska) Sp. z o.o. is a part of HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of the HSBC Group, headquartered in London. The Group serves customers worldwide from over 6,300 offices in over 75 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa. HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organizations. Currently, we are looking for a candidate for the position of:
Ref No: HTK/GBMIT/DOE/02/2018
HSBC Global Banking and Markets IT department provides technology solutions to support its Global Banking and Markets business worldwide. Within the department, Global Production Support team is responsible for providing production services to end users, interbank IT departments and change teams.
A ‘follow the sun’ support model in place operating as a single global team of approximately 8 members. Teams are located in Guangzhou (China), London (UK), and Toronto (Canada). Collaboration and coordination with Global Teams is essential.
- Monitoring and Alerting
- Use monitoring tools to manage applications and respond to technical alerts raised.
- Closely monitor repeat incidents to ensure that problem management is alerted and knowledge management is kept up to date.
- Incident and Problem Management
- Incident Management - coordinate all raised incidents and service requests that have been escalated to other teams with the authority to ensure SLA’s are met.
- Participate in Major Incident Reviews and Service Improvement Programs as required.
- Locate root cause of the incidents, review and assess if problem management required, and update incident/problem tickets.
- Work with Problem Management team to proactively avoid incidents.
- Discuss with change teams for fixes, and coordinate releases.
- Promotion of DevOps working environment
- Develop and/or implement automated tooling to improve support functions.
- Work alongside development teams to promote Agile practices and integrate into a support function.
- Assessment and Prioritization
- Correctly & efficiently categorize and prioritize all incidents and service requests, using standardized processes raised
- Ensure that requests and incidents impacting critical business lines are assessed and escalated quickly to ensure minimal disruption and impact.
- Escalation and Communication
- Ensure relevant stakeholders are informed of known escalations where appropriate
- Issue INS / flash report
- Keep stakeholder up to date on the status of the issues
- Communicate to other stakeholders or other service owners to prevent same issue from happening to other services
- Resolving and Recovering
- Look up knowledge database for the procedures to handle the incidents and answer service requests
- Provide solutions to users/business through the resolution of Incidents and Problems.
- Execute the procedures with necessary approval is understood and collected
- Contact other teams for resolution (e.g vendor, infrastructure team) where an Incident/Problem cannot be resolved within the team.
- Coordinate with incident management team to involve to facilitate the service recovery
- Work closely with SMEs and Dev teams where applicable on resolving technical requests and incidents, as well as understand where the business and technical solutions are being development and delivered.
- Incident Ownership
- Incident Manage and coordinate all raised incidents and service requests that have been escalated to other teams with the authority to ensure SLA’s and procedures are adhered to and appropriate tracking & root cause information is updated/recorded prior to closure.
- Collect the root cause and track for completion of corresponding problem ticket.
- Logging and Recording
- Correctly & efficiently record and process all incidents and service requests in line with processes and procedures
- Ensure accuracy of the recording and metric
- Produce MI as required and analyze, as to identify any risks and/or achievement
- Coordinate DR tests
- Report service target breach and monitor service metrics, report and initiate corrective actions
- Identify threats and vulnerabilities and risks, categorize, estimate probability and escalate
- Contribute ideas on more efficient business-IT operations, turn ideas into actions / plans
- UAT testing and sign-off of all support related items that will be deployed in production
- Unix scripting
- MS SQL, Oracle relational databases scripting.
- Deployment and automation tooling (Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts and practices.
- Vendor Technologies: CALYPSO beneficial
- Business knowledge: OTC products – CDS and IRS clearing
- Experience in working investment banking or Enterprise environments
- Geneos Monitoring experience extremely beneficial,
- RTC, JIRA, Confluence exposure
- Infrastructure exposure – MQ, SAN, NAS, IIS, Apache
- 3 years in IT Development or Production Support within Financial/Banking environment
- Experienced Support Analyst with a ‘Service’ orientated attitude.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively
- Experience of working with SQL, Oracle Database environments.
- Understanding of complex infrastructures
- Interesting path of career in an international organization,
- Challenging job in young, dynamic team,
- Competitive and motivational salary, private health care, employees’ benefits,
- Courses & training for our employee.