- Ogłoszenie wygasło 18 dni temu
- Umowa o pracę
- Specjalista (Mid / Regular)
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
ABOUT THIS JOB
As a DevOps Engineer you will focus on the design and implementation of a DevOps strategy that makes building modern applications possible.
Combine your solid technological experience with a data-centered approach and help us develop and operate modern applications that we will be proud of together.
Collaborate with engineering teams and use modern technologies to improve development lifecycle and deploy complex, globally distributed applications.
Enjoy collaboration with senior engineers and architects and use modern technology to deliver highly available applications with the latest tools.
In contrast to a narrow DevOps engineer role take part in discussions on system design and be ready to write some backend code. Of course, the team will support you in both areas.
Cloud, Kubernetes, containerization, on premises, CI/CD, service mesh, observability, infrastructure as code
We have different technologies in our scope, and while you won’t be using all of them we do value experience and expertise when making technological decisions. Convince the team, or let the team convince you. Be ready to learn and to teach.
At Nielsen we embrace MicroServices and MicroFrontends architecture, so we can choose the best technology for the task and develop our skills in the most promising directions.
We are working with Python, Docker, microservices and AWS so experience will certainly be an advantage. Prior exposure to Kubernetes is also a big plus.
- Designing and building CI/CD pipelines
- Working closely with Software and QA engineers to help assure end-to-end quality
- Developing automation tools and IaC for cloud infrastructure
- Deploying and maintaining globally distributed, customer facing applications in production
- Defining and implementing fail-safe deployment strategies (canary, blue/green, feature flags)
- Implementing DevOps best practices and helping teams with automation solutions to improve efficiency of development lifecycle
- Debugging complex, microservice-based systems
- Providing training and mentoring on DevOps matters to software engineers
- You are a passionate, energetic DevOps engineer with an appetite to extend your knowledge and apply your skills on challenging projects. You bring a broad range of experience in cloud technologies and in modern open source stacks and are happy to share your skills with other developers. You are curious about new open source technologies and have the ability to research and present recommendations to the team. You work effectively, automating things rather than doing them twice. You have a proven track record of taking lead and responsibility and successfully delivering results. You are not afraid to negotiate with global technology teams and convince others of your solutions.
- If you can demonstrate a good selection of these skills and are open-minded we’d really like to talk with you. We are open to a different level of experience.
- You will be working within a modern development environment, so for a smooth start you will need prior experience with several of the following:
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Kubernetes, Kubernetes Operators, Helm
- Micro-service architecture
- Service Meshes
- Observability & monitoring (Prometheus, Grafana, Alertmanager, ELK, AWS CloudWatch)
- Version control software (we are using Git)
- Proficiency in at least one programming language
- Work in Agile scrum teams
- Databases and messaging solutions (PostgreSQL, Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Networking (VPC, Subnets, Load Balancing, TLS/SSL)
- CI/CD solutions (GitLab CI, Jenkins)
- Proficiency in AWS cloud technologies
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills in English