DevOps Engineer with Linux and Java
The DevOps Engineer will specifically work to manage and execute software release builds and deployments for Java, applications running on Tomcat, Apache, JBOSS. Given the wide range of applications and customers supported by our team, the candidate may also be expected to execute database updates on different platforms. We have built an extensive build-deploy pipeline to efficiently deliver our products to our end-customers and business colleagues. We are now looking for an experienced system engineer/developer having knowledge and interests on CI tools, containerization and application maintenance support. We are looking for a person who join the team and help us further expand and maintain our infrastructure and toolset.
Depending on individual skills and knowledge you will be engaged in (but not limited to):
- Mid to long term system landscape planning and development with increasing focus on security, comprehensive monitoring solutions and process automation.
- Support of the system landscape composed of internal and cloud infrastructure elements.
- Analysis and resolution of complex technical problems and issues.
- Work closely with the development teams who manage UI, front and back-end code.
- Usage of recent development methodologies and tools (agile/itil development, Atlassian toolset (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo), Docker, Shell, Perl/Python, Maven, Jenkins, GIT and many other technical acronyms to play with.
- Design and development of CI scripts, frameworks, APIs and scaffolding software mainly to automate day-by-day issues.
- Configuring mainly Linux and where necessary DB environments.
- Applications deployment.
- Designing and perform smoke/sanity tests (automated by you) for the applications deployed and related trouble shooting.
- Software building and builds management.
- Technical solutions advisory.
- Opportunity to research potential deficiencies and improve adequately the solution applied according to recent state of the art and own experience.
To be suitable for the role the self-reliability, ability to solve multithread technical issues and effective communication in English are required.
The position will is located in our well communicated offices in Wroclaw/Warsaw/Łódź depending on your preferences. At initial stage of a project traveling to West European or Nordic countries for couple of weeks can be required.
We wish from you:
- Good or average experience in Java software development
- Good or average experience in Linux systems engineering
- Fluent communication in English
- Knowledge (the deeper the better) of:
- # HTTP Servers: Apache HTTP Server, Nginx, Oracle HTTP Server
- # JBOSS
- # Database: Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- # Subversion: GIT
- # Atlassian tools: JICO
- # CI: Jenkins
- # Containerization: Docker
- # Script programming languages: Bash Script, Perl/Python, Groovy, PL/SQL, SQL
- # Cloud: AWS
- # Maven, Ant, Sonatype, Nexus, SonarQube
- At least 2 years of experience and interests in field of software manufacturing
- Experience in direct collaboration with end customer along with technical solutions preparations will be a desired advantage.
- Resolving problems in a timely manner
- Being articulate and communicating effectively
- Planning and prioritizing tasks
During the interview we are also going to verify:
- Ability to work in a team, communication and open approach to people
- Willingness to take initiative and responsibility
Good organization of work, attention to details
If You are ambitious and passionate about IT, join our dynamic & dedicated team and you will become part of a multicultural and meaningful environment where you will not only be using your skills and knowledge, but also improve and grow your experience by participating in international projects.
If you wish to apply for this position, please visit our careers page: jobs.atos.net, select Poland as country and complete our online application form.
How will we make your life easier and happy?
- You will improve your qualifications by: individual development plans, budget for development activities, internal and external trainings, the opportunity to participate in conferences and gain international certification.
- We will look after you with a private medical package that includes dentist.
- We support your new-year resolutions with Multisport and OK System cards. If you build a team of sport enthusiasts, you will also get additional funding.
- Do you need new glasses? We will give you 600 PLN reimbursement for buying one.
- You will receive a guaranteed pool of points to be used for shopping, concert tickets or fulfilling other dreams.
- Every month we will subsidize commuting.
- Do you want to improve your language skills? Please, do so with us.
- You will do good in the world by helping others thanks to CSR actions.
- You will have an extra vacation for significant moments.
- We will celebrate and have fun during company parities.
- We will build together a positive work culture
- Work for an ATOS Global Delivery Center Poland organization holding the "Best Pace to Work" title.
- Work for worldwide software engineering company where software development and IT systems engineering is a core revenue stream.
- Professional IT/Software oriented personal development and training program including industry standard certification path
- Relocation package if applicable
- Participation in the international challenging IT activities along with opportunity of implementing own ideas and improvements
- Skills and knowledge development in rare beneficial IT areas
- Team work among real enthusiasts at discovering and utilizing latest tools and methodologies at variety of IT, software projects for different sectors/domains.
- Internal and external technology and tools trainings.
Access to our huge knowledge library and interdisciplinary IT e-learning portalsWe are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
What do we offer?
Private life and travel insurance
Private medical care incl. Dental care
Training and development programs
Learning foreign languages
Worldwide career opportunity
See how the work environment looks like in our modern offices in Wroclaw and Lodz:
Did you know that The Atos Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games?
- 110,000 employees in 73 countries
- IT infrastructure management services, systems integration, outsourcing and IT consulting
- Almost 5000 people employed in Poland in 8 cities: Bydgoszcz, Warszawa, Wroclaw, Opole, Krakow, Gdansk, Rzeszów, Lodz
Our Group provides Cloud services, Infrastructure & Data Management, Business & Platform solutions for clients across various business sectors: Defense, Financial Services, Health, Manufacturing, Media, Energy & Utilities, Public sector, Retail, Telecommunications and Transportation.
We take care of your personal data privancy. More information about processing your personal data within recruitment process you can find on our website: https://atos.net/pl/polska/gdpr