HSBC Service Delivery (Polska) Sp. z o.o. is a part of HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of the HSBC Group, headquartered in London. The Group serves customers worldwide from over 6,300 offices in over 75 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa. HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. Currently, we are looking for a candidate for the position of:
Digital Transformation Catalyst –
Change & Transformation
Ref No: GFOC/DTC/ChT/01/2019
Global Finance Operations (GFO) vision is “to be an efficient, innovative, globally integrated team which is the backbone of Global Finance.
The aim of the unit is to work as one team and progress against the following 8 priorities:
- Strengthen people capabilities
- Effective communication and change management
- Establish ‘data management’ capability
- Embed operational disciplines and automation
- Align organization to operating model
- Review and optimize location strategy
- Agree scope, operating model and service proposition
- Delivery transformation initiatives
This role is expected to contribute significantly to the above priorities in the following manner:
- Be a catalyst for change, especially in digital transformation
- Support / Advise Global Process Owners on choices of digital transformation available, which are relevant to their processes and associated pain points
- Liaise with IT / Finance Change delivery to stay abreast of all strategic changes related to digitization / introduction of new technologies
- Stay in touch with new developments in technology / digital transformation in the industry and keep internal stakeholders updated on new trends in the industry applicable to Finance.
- Understand Finance processes and challenges specific to HSBC Finance.
- Assess and propose choices available for digital transformation to Global Process owners / stakeholders based on needs – will include objectives to make processes cheaper, faster etc.
- Conceptualize end to end projects around digital transformation, starting from understanding needs, assessing and proposing choices, making a business case, identification and agreement of scope of application and driving implementation to check results against clearly drawn out acceptance criterion.
- Conceptualize roll-out of plans of successful proof of concepts to a larger commercial scale.
- Drive implementation of large scale digital transformation work streams, examples will include Robotics, Machine learning, visualization, Natural language generation.
- Will involve working with multiple stakeholders as follows:
- External partners, including consultants / development vendors;
- Finance IT / other IT teams;
- Finance Change delivery;
- Fintech research units;
- GPOs from Global Finance Operations and senior Finance leadership;
- Finance process experts across teams.
- Establish and maintain effective relationship with all stakeholders, including external stakeholders to HSBC.
- Continuous review of issues to ensure timely resolution.
- Developing analytical skills within the team to deal with difficult situations and encourage a solution oriented approach.
- Managing accurate, timely and effective delivery of governance mechanisms / related reports on initiatives.
- Investigating any risks or issues and implementing a resolution plan.
- Adherence to Group policies, audit, controls, and compliance requirements including but not limited to declaration of secrecy, data protection act, health, safety and security, clear desk policy.
- Validation of progress made on transformation initiatives / change projects.
- To continually assess the operational risks inherent in processes, taking account of changing operating procedures, staff movements, legal and regulatory requirements, management restructures, and the impact of new technology.
- Effectively drive and manage change initiatives.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CWA, ACS) or MBA from Tier 1 institution with +10 post qualification experience (PQE) in Finance and Change Management.
- Experience of Finance / Accounting in a Financial Services organization.
- Experience of leading or supporting a digital transformation initiative on Finance processes. Examples could include Robotics, Visualization, Machine Learning, Natural Language Generation.
- Possess strong analytical and lateral thinking skills.
- Experience in leading / supporting large change / transformation programmes, in banking / financial services.
- Proven track record in managing diverse and global stakeholders at senior levels.
- Experience managing, negotiating and influencing senior business relationships.
- Ability to drive change and deliver creative and flexible customer solutions related to digital transformation.
- Keen understanding of Finance processes and their objectives.
- Strong navigating skills to be able to conceptualize initiatives based on very little information or heads up.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Good team player, ability to successfully interact and influence with internal stakeholders in service delivery teams.
- Stable job in professional team.
- Interesting path of career in an international organization.
- Consistent scope of responsibilities.
- Private health care, employees’ benefits.