A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Right now, we are seeking highly qualified candidates to fill the position perfered in Berlon/virtual:
Director of Medical Evidence Strategy (m/f)
International Developed Markets (IDM)
Director of Medical Evidence Strategy (m/f) IDM
In addition to its traditional and highly cross-functional role to support the introduction and application of our medicines, the scope of regional medical affairs is rapidly evolving into an essential function to inform Pfizer's research strategy via formalized input into asset strategic plans and to contribute to our medicine's life-cycles, e.g. via scientific discussion of IIR-Proposals. Recently, regional medical affairs assumed additional responsibility on opportunities to enhance the drug label according to regional needs through planning and execution of Clinical Research Collaborations (CRCs). In the future, the evaluation and collection of real-world evidence - in collaboration with other internal and external stakeholders - will be another essential task for our group. Ultimately, a key role of medical is to analyze and translate the needs of healthcare providers/systems and to communicate the value of our medicines through clinical concepts and evidence. To succeed in today's oncology research, it is essential to have a clear evidence strategy in a highly dynamic, increasingly complex, and competitive environment.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide biostatistical input to medical affairs teams for design, planning and conduct of analyses of clinical trials and observational studies as well as post-hoc analyses of existing databases and meta-analyses
- Provide expertise on statistical planning with focus on patient-relevant endpoints, such as patient-reported outcomes.
- Build up knowledge in scientific methods for real life evidence projects for example, observational studies, epidemiology, "low intervention" trials
- Liaise with country access / health & value functions to support local reimbursement efforts and to inform global evidence strategy
- Review of research proposals (IIRs) and validation / quality control of statistic reports, e.g. by investigators
- Train medical affairs staff in general and indication-specific statistical concepts
- Be ambassador for Pfizer's methodological approaches and participate in scientific debate, e.g. about endpoints in oncology
What you offer:
- Master or PhD in statistics or mathematics with specialization in statistics
- Several years of experience as statistician with significant time spent in the pharma, clinical research organization or life science sector
- Experience in design, planning and evaluation of clinical trials as well as observational studies
- Knowledge in epidemiology, in the conduct of meta-analyses and network-meta-analyses are desirable
- Knowledge about HTA methods in major International Developed Markets (IDM) (e.g. Germany, France, Japan, UK, Australia)
- Sound knowledge of SAS and experience with other statistical programming languages or tools like R, nQuery, and WinBugs
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams with excellent communication skills
- Being open-minded and challenging the status quo
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Experience in hematology and oncology is beneficial
In addition to competitive salaries and customized benefits packages, we offer a supportive and diverse culture and unparalleled career development opportunities.
To apply please visit www.pfizercareers.com and search for JobID: 1605725.