Hem Poland Sp. z o.o.
Hem is the leading provider of online furniture customization services. We have developed proprietary technology that enables consumers and interior designers to easily design their own furniture solutions via our online customization tools, and then electronically transmit such requirements to factories to manufacture.
Director Sourcing Custom Furniture (m/f), Warsaw
Region Name: mazowieckie
Hem is currently looking for an experienced Director Sourcing Custom Furniture (m/f) to help us manage our EU producer network. This position is based in Warsaw.
Primary Goal of this position: Lead and drive execution of Sourcing of custom made shelving and tables in the EU market to achieve strategic goals and secure a flexible supplier chain. This position serves as an expert in sourcing, influencing, leading and driving production project’s implementations across countries. This role is responsible for commercial initiatives, negotiation and execution of sourcing agreements for all custom made furniture. This position provides significant focus on value creation via understanding of quality, producer contacts, knowledge of furniture raw materials and accessories, importance of lead time in e-commerce, supporting manufacturing by helping to implement HPA (HEM production application), automatized manufacturing system.
“The Value adding activities are simply only those things the customer is willing to pay for, everything else is waste, and should be eliminated, simplified, reduced, or integrated”
- Secure flexible supplier chain of manufacturers able to produce custom shelving and tables for EU market, according to HEM designs
- Ensure professional and efficient working relations with assigned furniture manufacturers
- Secure sufficient high quality custom production capacities with assigned manufacturers
- Negotiate contracts with manufacturers
- Smoothly introduce new product variations at assigned manufacturers
- Implementing HPA ( HEM production application ), automatized manufacturing system, to all assigned manufacturers of custom furniture for EU market
- Travelling internationally on a frequent basis in search of the very best materials at the most competitive price
- Building and leading a team of employees dedicated to fast growth of custom furniture production for EU market, especially Quality Assurance Managers, Producer Relation Managers, Cad technicians, Interior Designers, Order Administration Managers, Sourcing Managers.
- Promote teamwork and positive employee relations through transparency and open communications, role modeling and management of relationships
- Focused on solving daily team problems, be supportive
- Coordinate works on HEM custom packing and proper labelling of all furniture
- Cooperate with international departments (Sales, Production, Logistics, Customer Service, Legal, Sourcing)
- Define and report KPIs across all furniture manufacturers that lead to constant improvement of manufacturer base
- Proactively plan resources needed to reach set targets
- Coordinating sampling process
- Participate in most important world trade shows
- Continuous monitoring of market conditions and industry trends
- Communicate the vision of HEM to suppliers to elicit them as partners in the new direction of global supply chain management.
- Actively working on creating a WORLD CLASS ORGANIZATION with professional processes and quality assurance.
- Develop and monitor annual department budget
- Demonstrate full knowledge and serve as a sourcing leader using tools to drive cost reductions and supplier performance improvement
- At least 5 years’ experience in Sourcing of furniture
- Demonstrated extensive experience assessing manufacturer capabilities, negotiating and executing supply contracts and service agreements
- Experience in accessories or lighting industry will be additional asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excels at operating in a fast paced environment
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Persuasive with details and facts
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment that operates internationally
- Able to work with batch 1 orders
- Understand the quality and price point of major competitors on the market
- Highly motivated to be a part of the new global start-up
- Understanding of e-commerce furniture sales will be an additional asset
- Advanced knowledge of negotiation techniques
- Ability to recognize key problems before they become major issues
- Unquestionable integrity and trustworthiness
- Full understanding of the word: professionalism
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Understanding Lean Manufacturing
Does this description fit your profile? Are you interested in the job? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application by clicking the apply-button on our career site:
Please note that we only accept applications coming through our career site.
Please also visit our new homepage http://hem.com/en-gb to get an impression of the new Hem collection.
Please include the following statement in your application: "I hereby authorize you to process my personal data included in my job application for the needs of the recruitment process in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2002 No 101, item 926 with further amendments)"