Hem Poland Sp. z o.o.
Hem is building a new global home for design. We create original, timeless furniture and interior accessories together with the most exciting and talented designers of today. Hem means Home. And home is where the heart is. Our heart is truly global, with teams working from Berlin, Helsinki, New York, Pune, Stockholm and Warsaw. Hem imagines a near future where a majority of home furnishings are purchased online. We plan to lead that evolution.
Director Sourcing Lighting (m/f), Warsaw
Region Name: mazowieckie
Hem is currently looking for an experienced Director Sourcing Lighting (m/f) to help us manage and develop our EU producer network.
Primary Goal of this position: Lead and drive execution of Sourcing of lighting in the EU market to achieve strategic goals and secure a flexible supplier chain. This position serves as an expert in sourcing, influencing, leading and driving production project’s implementations across countries. This role is responsible for commercial initiatives, negotiation and execution of sourcing agreements for all lighting. This position provides significant focus on value creation via understanding of quality, producer contacts, knowledge of lighting raw materials and accessories, importance of lead time in e-commerce.
“The Value adding activities are simply only those things the customer is willing to pay for, everything else is waste, and should be eliminated, simplified, reduced, or integrated”
- Secure flexible supplier chain of manufacturers able to produce lighting for EU and US markets, according to HEM designs.
- Ensure professional and efficient working relations with assigned lighting manufacturers
- Secure sufficient high quality lighting production capacities with assigned manufacturers
- Negotiate contracts with manufacturers
- Smoothly introduce new product variations at assigned manufacturers
- Travelling internationally on a frequent basis in search of the very best materials at the most competitive price
- Promote teamwork and positive employee relations through transparency and open communications, role modeling and management of relationships
- Focused on solving daily team problems, be supportive
- Coordinate works on HEM lighting packing and proper labelling of all lighting
- Cooperate with international departments (Sales, Production, Logistics, Customer Service, Legal, Sourcing)
- Define and report KPIs across all furniture manufacturers that lead to constant improvement of manufacturer base
- Proactively plan resources needed to reach set targets
- Coordinating sampling process
- Participate in most important world trade shows
- Continuous monitoring of market conditions and industry trends
- Communicate the vision of HEM to suppliers to elicit them as partners in the new direction of global supply chain management.
- Actively working on creating a WORLD CLASS ORGANIZATION with professional processes and quality assurance.
- Develop and monitor annual department budget
- Demonstrate full knowledge and serve as a sourcing leader using tools to drive cost reductions and supplier performance improvement
- At least 5 years’ experience in Sourcing of lighting
- Demonstrated extensive experience assessing manufacturer capabilities, negotiating and executing supply contracts and service agreements
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excels at operating in a fast paced environment
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Persuasive with details and facts
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment that operates internationally
- Understand the quality and price point of major competitors on the market
- Highly motivated to be a part of the new global start-up
- Understanding of e-commerce lighting sales will be an additional asset
- Advanced knowledge of negotiation techniques
- Ability to recognize key problems before they become major issues
- Unquestionable integrity and trustworthiness
- Full understanding of the word: professionalism
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Understanding Lean Manufacturing
Does this description fit your profile? Are you interested in the job? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application by clicking the apply-button on our career site:
Please note that we only accept applications coming through our career site.
Please also visit our new homepage http://hem.com/en-gb to get an impression of the new Hem collection.
Please include the following statement in your application: "I hereby authorize you to process my personal data included in my job application for the needs of the recruitment process in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2002 No 101, item 926 with further amendments)"