Whirlpool Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) with approximately 26,000 employees, a sales presence in more than 30 countries in Europe, Middle East and Africa and manufacturing sites in nine countries, Whirlpool EMEA is a wholly – owned subsidiary of Whirlpool Corporation.
Whirlpool Corporation is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $20 billion in annual sales, 100,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers throughout the world in 2014.
The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Hotpoint, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in more than 170 countries.
Currently to growing R&D team in Wroclaw we are searching
talented candidates for the position of:
Drying systems Engineer
About the role Drying systems Engineer will be a part of our Global Dishwasher Team. In this position will be responsible for the development and implementation of technological solutions related to improving core parameters of the dishwasher – its drying efficiency and energy consumption. The ability to plan and execute design projects, initiate and generate technical data to support patent filings and business opportunities, to work independently and also with diverse technical and business groups is essential to this career. This position can be filled at a higher level depending on individual qualifications.
- Development of new drying systems for global platforms as well as improvement of existing solutions
- Develop system trade off curves and optimized solutions for system performance, reliability and cost
- Identification, analysis and execution of system refinement needs
- Active participation in cross functional technical project reviews and innovation
- Development of Intellectual Property
- Work with cross functional teams such as procurement, structures, lab, model shop, service and manufacturing
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering / Energy management / Automatic Control and Robotics / Environmental Engineering or similar
- Expertise in applied fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, heat/mass transfer, etc
- Knowledge in the development fans, blowers, heat exchangers, evaporators and condensers
- >1yrs of new product development experience
- Knowledge of Six Sigma Design practices
- Demonstrated ability to take projects to market preferred
- Basic Pro/E(Creo) skills; AutoCad environment knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge in manufacturing processes and variation
- Experience in working with simulation based design is a plus
- Fluent in English
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; good problem solving skills
- Ability to work with diverse groups in the different regions
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV in English.
We kindly inform you that we will contact only chosen candidates.