For our client, a global and well-known Banking&Financial news agency, we are looking for the professional Economy Journalist to join its real-time news operation in Gdynia.
Reuters is seeking candidates who can speak fluent English and one more European language. The reporters will work in fast-paced, international environment and get to produce headlines and write short stories about companies from Europe’s biggest economies, produce multimedia packages and become part of Reuters global network.
Why is this job important? Trading desks, hedge funds and asset managers at major multinational banks use subscription-based Eikon terminal to get fast & accurate information to base their investment decision. Your stories will also be seen by our media clients, and other extensions available to read for everyone. Reuters news and information reaches one billion people every day.
Economy Journalist / News Reporter
NR REF.: 1114925
Your new role
In your role, you will be responsible for:
- Writing headlines and news summaries accurately, quickly and with high standards of credibility, in accordance with principles and operating standards
- Searching through approved sources to grasp and translate news
- Identifying market-moving figures and comments to filter out news stories from sources including electronic news releases, conferences calls, Webcasts
- Translating market reports, stories
- Applying news judgement and picking relevant news and package it for Reuters News online clients
- Select and package news stories with relevant pictures, videos and graphics.
What you'll need to succeed
- Fluency in English and one of the following languages: German / Spanish / Portuguese / Danish / Swedish / Finish / Norwegian / Icelandic / Russian
- Strong translation skills
- Strong news judgement
- Ability to write with speed, clarity, accuracy and freedom from bias
- A sound command of grammar, spelling, punctuation
- Comfort with handling financial data and facts accurately and quickly
- Knowledge of corporate activity, stock markets and financial vocabulary, or an ability to gain such knowledge quickly
- An ability to work under time pressure
- Willingness to undertake shifts
What you'll get in return
- Job in an international, dynamic environment Intensive training package
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare and Multisport card
- Company social incentives
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
- Networking opportunities
- 2 additional days off for voluntary activities