The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Initiative and Program Manager will develop, launch and support EHS initiatives and programs for the Danfoss Power Solutions (DPS) Segment.
Are you interested in working for a global and multicultural company? Do you experience and a passion to proactively support EHS continuous improvement activities throughout our global organization? Can you lead and support activities that build an efficient and effective EHS structure that protects people, the environment and our Company reputation. Then you could be our new EHS Initiative and Manager. You will work from our DPS plant in Wroclaw, Poland, reporting to the DPS Global EHS Director.
This role reports to the Global Director, Environment, Health & Safety (EHS). As our EHS Initiative and Program Manager, you will play a vital role in developing, piloting and launching EHS initiatives and programs that support our drive to achieve EHS Excellence. You will support the Global EHS Director and DPS Site EHS Leaders with the integration of various EHS practices that contribute the organizations overall success.
The ideal candidate will possess the skills, knowledge and experience sought below but, of equal importance, the candidate must be self-motivated, possess a positive attitude, be able to influence others, and be an innovative and creative thinker.
EHS Initiative & Program Manager
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- With direction from and collaboration with the Global EHS Director, develop EHS initiatives and programs for DPS locations.
- Interface with DPS site EHS and Operations Leaders to: lead deployment and implementation of EHS initiatives and programs to support the advancement of EHS operational improvements and reduce EHS hazards/risks.
- Tracks permits and licenses for all DPS locations and maintain DPS EHS compliance calendar.
- Manage the Global Incident Management System to include: create and distribute defined status reports for DPS and Business Units; prepare and distribute One Page Incident Summaries; analyze data to define incident trends; assess closure of all Lost Time and Medical Treatment Incident containment and corrective actions.
- Track and monitor progress in achieving DPS EHS objectives and key performance indicators.
- Support the Global EHS Director with the following activities at DPS locations in Europe: Safety Improvement Workshops; EHS Continuous Improvement Workshops; significant issue assessment and problem solving.
- Represent DPS on Danfoss Company EHS Teams as assigned.
- Support the identification/development of EHS Best/Good practices and share knowledge through the creation and maintenance of an electronic EHS Best/Good Practice Toolbox that includes: standards, procedures, methods, lessons learned, training materials and other support tools.
- Develop and conduct EHS related education and training.
- Utilize Danfoss Company tools/system to monitor changes to existing and/or emerging environmental and safety regulatory requirements and communicate how these requirements impact DPS operations.
- Maintains records, reports, and documents required to meet Company and regulatory requirements.
- Utilize and support IT Solutions used to collect and manage EHS data, including SharePoint.
Qualifications we are seeking for this role:
- University/college Bachelor’s degree in Safety or Environment or technically related field
- 7 or more years of experience in an EHS function within manufacturing environments with increasing levels of responsibility
- Demonstrated experience to developing and implementing EHS initiatives & programs
- A working knowledge of EHS legal requirements
- Strong English speaking and writing skills (must be effective in conducting verbal conversations, preparing documents and written correspondence)
- Strong in building and maintaining cross-organizational cooperation
- Strong, effective organizational skills, great sense for detail
- Able to be self-starter and work with minimal supervision
- Strong Microsoft Office skills - Excel, Power Point, Word