- Francuska 46, 40-028 Katowice, PolskaKatowice, śląskie
- Ogłoszenie wygasło 14 dni temu
- Umowa o pracę
- Pełny etat
- Starszy specjalista (Senior)
Rockwell Automation is the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation and information. We hire more than 23 000 employees in 80 countries. We have been on the market for 115 years, in Katowice for more than 20 and we are still developing on Silesian market.
In our newly created HW test group, we are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer. This is a great role for someone who has a passion for working with low level embedded systems and understands how it impacts hardware development. While working for a world-class industrial automation company, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining real-time embedded software while collaborating with cross-functional hardware and embedded teams across multiple locations around the globe. The environment is dynamic, fast-paced and requires a highly motivated individual. You will work on complex control system products utilizing state-of-the-art technology. When you join our Hardware Test group, you become part of a team that believes in knowledge sharing, innovation, continuous learning, collaboration and a commitment to best-in-class practices and technology.
- You will be a part of a team who designs, implements, and tests software that communicates to other parts of the product or system via APIs, services or protocols.
- Collaborate with hardware development teams to understand requirements and produce creative solutions to enable testing earlier in the design process.
- Design and implement tools/frameworks to enable interaction with units under test, test equipment, instrumentation, and documentation systems.
- Directly apply technical skills to assigned tasks, having some complex features. Use proven software design techniques, procedures and criteria to complete a sequence of related engineering tasks (i.e. investigate, design, develop, test) in accordance with the company’s quality guidelines.
- Participate in peer reviews of documents, designs, code, test cases and user documentation.
- Apply judgement on when to reuse existing design and code to a problem versus develop new solutions. Base judgment on the balance of short term project needs and longer term reuse.
- Perform unit or functional testing of developed software to ensure correct operation per functional requirements and compatibility with other components in the system. Apply to hardware targets and collaborate with the hardware teams to ensure proper operations
- Continuous improvement of software development capabilities by keeping abreast of current trends in the areas of software development practices, technology utilization and development tools.
- Effectively collaborate with others through mutually supportive professional relationships, open and direct communications, honesty and respect. Able to cope with and leverage personality differences and differences of opinion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering with a Computer Science emphasis.
- Good knowledge of C/C++.
- Understanding of circuit schematics and diagrams.
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging hardware.
- Demonstrated competence in object-oriented design.
- Excellent collaborator with a team-first attitude.
- A passion for embedded software development.
- Skilled in the use of embedded software development tools such as in-circuit emulators, protocol analyzers, and oscilloscopes.
- Understanding and ability to work with technical documentation for digital systems (microprocessors, integrated circuits, embedded systems).
Nice to have:
- Python programming skills.
- Knowledge of version control systems (GIT, SVN).
- Experience in test automation and results visualization.
- Experience with development in compliance to ISO/IEC standards.
- Experience with construction and maintenance of CI/CD pipelines.
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
When you join Rockwell Automation you become part of a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation and a place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people.
We know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
- Flexible schedule
- Creative environment
- Friendly atmosphere
- Professional trainings
- Annual bonus
- Global team
- People centric
- Language courses
- Benefits package
- Cafeteria system
- Vacation & Christmas bonuses
- Life insurance
- Private healthcare
- Lunch fund
and send us your CV in English.