Nexteer Automotive is a global automotive leader, which draws upon 100 years of experience in production control systems. Our work enhances the safety and driving comfort of millions of drivers around the world.
We focus on one thing: delivering environmentally friendly steering and driveline systems optimized for maximum efficiency and total vehicle integration. Made of around 12 000 people, the Nexteer team is located all over the world, who combines a passion for creating innovative steering systems.
Working at Nexteer is a team sport and the game plan is simple: we proceed always with great energy and a sense of urgency. We forge strong relationships to genrate the right solutions for every challenge. Through robust dialogue, we emphasize truth and embrace the points of view of others. Are you ready to join our team?
Embedded Software Engineering Architect & Integrator
We are looking for candidates who have a good understanding of embedded software in control system applications where system timing, safety mechanisms, and performance are crucial. Candidate must have the ability to work well with team members to develop, review and implement complex software applications. This position requires an individual that is results driven, highly motivated, quality focused, and has the ability to work within a high performing team. The Product"s technology includes AUTOSAR, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), Over-the-Air Programming, Cyber Security, Advanced Control Algorithms, and much more.
- Lead the software architecture planning, design, and implementation for an Electronic Power Steering system.
- Analyze customer, system, and safety requirements to derive software architecture requirements.
- Design, document, and implement a world class reusable software architecture based upon generated requirements.
- Incorporate requirements traceability into the software architecture.
- Develop and implement an architecture verification plan.
- Develop documentation to comply with automotive SPICE and ISO 26262.
- Interface directly with automotive OEMs to understand requirements and review designs.
- Interface directly with suppliers to understand and influence design aspects that impact the software.
- Participate in and lead design reviews.
- Participate in software process development activities.
- Review and understand Technical References and Data Sheets for the system"s microcontroller.
- Higher technical education with major in electronics, electro technics, automatics or related. Engineer Degree.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of analogue and digital electronics enabling electronic circuits analysis.
- Basics of electrical and non-electrical values measurements.
- Knowledge of microprocessor and embedded systems fundamentals.
- Communicative knowledge of English.
- Computer skills and dedication to learn new applications and environments.
- Basics of C, C++, C#, LabVIEW programming.
- Understanding of software development techniques and methodologies.
- Understanding of ISO 26262 functional safety concepts and its impact on software development.
- Expertise in software coding using C language.
- Expertise in debugging and problem resolution.
- Expertise in Vector based analysis and development tools.
- Expertise in cross compilers and cross assemblers.
- Expertise in 8-bit, 16-bit or 32-bit microcontrollers and common peripherals.
- Experience with standard software development environments (IDE).
- Experience with software configuration management systems (i.e., Synergy).
- Experience with formal requirements management tools (i.e., DOORS).
- Experience with formal architectural design tools such as Enterprise Architect.
- Familiarity with automotive communication protocols (CAN, CAN FD, FlexRay).
- Familiarity with automotive cyber security methodologies.
- Familiarity with MISRA standards and verification tools.
- Familiarity with maturity models such as SPICE and/or CMMI.
- Familiarity with the AGILE development methodology.
- Familiarity with embedded hardware design and manufacturing processes.
- Familiarity with Matlab / Simulink.
- Familiarity with the software safety mechanisms such as memory protection units and watchdogs.
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio).
- Work in an international environment in the company with a stable position in the market.
- A friendly and collegial atmosphere at work.
- The opportunity to gain valuable experience in the fast-growing automotive industry.
- A lot of training, language classes.
- Funding for meals.
- A rich social package ( funding for holidays, gifts for the holidays, Multisport and many other benefits).
- An attractive recognition system of employees.
- Medical care.
- Social events.
- Stable employment under a contract of employment.
- Cover relocation expenses and support in finding accommodation.