Nexteer Automotive is a global automotive leader, which draws upon 100 years of experience in production control systems. Our work enhances the safety and driving comfort of millions of drivers around the world.
We focus on one thing: delivering environmentally friendly steering and driveline systems optimized for maximum efficiency and total vehicle integration.. Made of around 12 000 people, the Nexteer team is located all over the world, who combines a passion for creating innovative steering systems.
Working at Nexteer is a team sport and the game plan is simple: we proceed always with great energy and a sense of urgency. We forge strong relationships to genrate the right solutions for every challenge. Through robust dialogue, we emphasize truth and embrace the points of view of others. Are you ready to join our team?
Embedded Systems Software Engineer Lead (Software Integrator)
We are looking for candidates who have a good understanding of embedded software in control system applications where system timing and performance are crucial. Candidate must have the ability to work well with team members remotely to develop, review and implement complex software applications. This position requires an individual that is detail orientated, results driven, highly motivated with an application requirements focus.
- Lead the software planning, design, and implementation for an Electronic Power Steering System project.
- Analyze customer, system, and safety requirements to derive software project requirements.
- Design and implement world class embedded software using C in compliance with ISO 26262.
- Integrate Software Components into an AUTOSAR based project.
- Implement the Software Infrastructure as designed by the Software Architecture Team.
- Develop documentation to comply with automotive SPICE.
- Incorporate requirements traceability into the software development activities.
- Interface with global cross-functional teams to understand requirements and review designs.
- Interface directly with OEMs to understand and influence design aspects that impact the software.
- Participate in and lead design reviews.
- Participate in software process development activities.
- Review and understand Technical References and Data Sheets for the system’s microcontroller.
- Bachelor - Electrical & Electronics Engineering/Computer Engineering/Computer Science
- Minimum of 5 years of embedded software development experience in C and assembly language.
- Minimum of 2 years of development experience with the AUTOSAR architecture.
- Understanding of software development techniques and methodologies.
- Understanding of ISO 26262 functional safety concepts and its impact on software development.
- Experience with cross compilers and cross assemblers.
- Experience with 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers.
- Experience with embedded microcontrollers and common peripherals.
- Experience with formal configuration management tools.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project).
- Proficient communication skills.
- Familiarity with MISRA standards and verification tools.
- Familiarity with automotive communication protocols (CAN, LIN, FlexRay).
- Familiarity with basic tools that apply to CAN networks.
- Familiarity with maturity models such as SPICE and/or CMMI is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with software static analysis tools such as QAC and Polyspace is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with software modeling tools such as Matlab’s Simulink is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with requirements analysis tools such as DOORS is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with the AGILE development methodology is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with the software safety mechanisms such as memory protection units and watchdogs is highly desirable.
- Good English skills
- Willingness to relocate
- Work in an international environment in the company with a stable position in the market.
- A friendly and collegial atmosphere at work.
- The opportunity to gain valuable experience in the fast-growing automotive industry.
- A lot of training, language classes.
- Funding for meals.
- A rich social package ( funding for holidays, gifts for the holidays, Multisport and many other benefits).
- An attractive recognition system of employees.
- Social events.
- Medical care.
- Stable employment under a contract of employment.