sharing the costs of sports activities
Engineer, Technical Operations and Support
Bain Global Business Services Center Sp. z o.o. About the company
- aleja Jana Chrystiana Szucha 19, WarszawaWarszawa, Masovian
- Offer expired a month ago
- Remote recruitment
- contract of employment
- specialist (Mid / Regular)
Bain Global Business Services Center Sp. z o.o.
aleja Jana Chrystiana Szucha 19
Technologies we use
About the project
Bain's Next-Generation Software Solutions (NGSS) team has been set up to help Industry and Capability Practices digitize their Intellectual Property through a diversified set of technology, services, and support. The team manages software product development, ongoing support, customer success, technical services, and technical operations.
The team supports practices, case teams, and clients through various product delivery models including best-in-class partnerships with leading SaaS vendors, product development using industry-leading low code and business engineering platforms, and developing highly complex custom software solutions and products.
In addition to core product development, the team fills critical gaps through a growing technical services catalogue including technical architecture and code assessments, expert architecture consulting, business automation and integration, product visualization services, and infrastructure hosting and support.
Based in our Global Business Services office in Warsaw, the Technical Operations and Support Engineer will support and administer the underlying tools, technologies, and platforms powering the team’s growing list of software products and enterprise-level services. In addition, this role will serve as a technical liaison between Bain’s internal teams and external development support vendors to manage and coordinate system updates, outages, and routine maintenance tasks.
Working under the guidance of the Engineering team’s Senior Leadership, this is a broad hands-on role requiring a mixture of technical skills, ingenuity, organization, attention to detail, but also business acumen and communication skills.
This role is to primarily provide support coverage to US-based product teams. The candidate will be required to work a staggered shift to better overlap with the US afternoon, starting at 2 PM local CEST (GMT +2) and working until 10 PM local CEST.
The role is based in Warsaw, local candidates only.
The list of tools and technologies this role will support are diverse and will include:
• Low code software engineering platforms (e.g., Mendix, Salesforce)
• Business Intelligence and Analytics platforms (e.g., Tableau Server, Alteryx Server)
• Cloud-native services (e.g., RDS, S3, Lambda) from major providers (AWS, Azure)
• Identity management platforms (e.g., Okta, Azure Active Directory)
• Scripting and automation (e.g., Terraform, Python, APIs)
• System, log, and availability monitoring (e.g., DataDog, Splunk)
• Version control (e.g., GitHub)
• Security tooling (e.g., Rapid7, Snyk)
Given the range of skills, a willingness and ability to quickly learn and apply new skills are critical. Full training will be provided via formal learning paths and mentorship for the right candidate.
Hybrid Code Product Deployment, Support, and Maintenance (50%)
• Lead the deployment, setup, and initial configuration of Next Gen hybrid code products for new Bain case teams and external clients
• Deploy new Mendix code to the Mendix or Azure cloud environments using scripts and automation frameworks
• Create cloud services using Terraform scripts and GitHub actions
• Setup authentication/SSO with Okta using pre-configured workflows
• Create underlying Tableau Server Site and associated user groups
• Add Bain and client users, and set permissions to various systems
• Validate newly deployed products are fully functional and operational before handoff to Bain teams
• Keep a detailed centralized tracking log of all activities performed
• Work with Bain and Next Gen’s Cloud and Operations teams to ensure best practices and standards are followed related to infrastructure/hosting, data security, user access management, permissions, monitoring, patching, and logging/auditing
• Keep internal operations playbooks, knowledge base information, and automation scripts up-to-date
Enterprise Services Support (20%)
• Lead the introduction of Next Gen’s enterprise services and offerings to Bain case teams, including Tableau Server and Alteryx Server
• Setup workspaces and domains using scripts and automation for teams
• Manage initial setup, configuration, user management, access rights, hand-over, and any 1st level support
• Coordinate with outside vendors on service support including escalation of issues, scheduling routine maintenance and upgrades, and ensuring internal communications back to end users of services
Scripting and Automation (10%)
• Work to continuously improve the speed, accuracy, repeatability, and maintainability of work via automation, script tools, and frameworks
• Collaborate with Bain’s cloud and infrastructure team on refining processes, tooling, and approaches to operational work
• Work with the existing operations team on daily hands-offs to ensure continuity of customer service and support coverage
• Ensure accurate monthly chargeback tracking of products and services, timely reporting to Next Gen financial team
• Provide 3rd level technical support as needed when issues arise
• Keep up-to-date on various technologies related to daily work
• Participate on technical discovery, POCs, and innovation work streams to validate new tools, technologies, and designs
• Training, professional development, internal meetings, team building events/outings, etc.
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or any other technology-related field preferred, or strong relevant work experience
Total of 2-3+ years of relevant work experience with a technical support and/or operations focus in a fast-paced, complex business setting
Experience following repeatable steps and processes to setup new secure environments, workspaces, or domains
Strong level 2/3 troubleshooting skills including user tracking and log scanning to piece together a user’s journey to diagnose the root cause of issues
Experience working with customers and end users of services in a technical support capacity
Automation and scripting experience (Power Shell, bash, Terraform, etc.)
Strong communication and presentation skills, including documenting complex data flows and processes for long-term support and maintenance
Must be result-driven, be an analytical and creative thinker, be self-motivated and proactive, be highly organised and demonstrated ability to stay calm and composed in a fast moving environment
Basic knowledge and understanding of cloud concepts and technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Basic coding and development experience (Python, C#, Java, etc.)
Knowledge of enterprise BI platforms (e.g., Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, Domo, Looker)
Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git)
Experience with Tableau Server and Alteryx Server
What we offer
Flexible working hours
Working from home
Private medical and dental care package
Office wide social events and team buildings
Cafeteria with snacks and daily deliveries of fruit and bread
Informal dress code
Introduction trainings for new hires
Co-financing work-related courses
private medical care
sharing the costs of professional training & courses
remote work opportunities
flexible working time
corporate sports team
no dress code
coffee / tea
extra social benefits
employee referral program
Bain Global Business Services Center Sp. z o.o.
Bain & Company is recognized as one of the top international management consultancy firms. We assist major corporations worldwide with strategy formulation, acquisitions, organizational design and performance improvement. In 2015, Bain & Company opened the Global Business Services Center in Warsaw, in order to provide the best-in-class internal support, efficiently and professionally, to both leadership and consulting teams in Bain offices across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Bain is consistently recognized as a Great Place to Work (Glassdoor #1 in 2021).