The Solarwinds cloud business was formed through carefully orchestrated acquisitions of numerous young and innovative SaaS businesses. We use the latest technologies, we are agile, and since are an all SaaS business we are fast! We are focused on building amazing, scalable products for our customers. We maintain a fun, exciting, dynamic startup culture based upon teams of extremely talented people. We do have the added benefit of being we having corporate financial backing which allows us to explore non-organic growth opportunities and additional investment for strategic initiatives! The Solarwinds.cloud business is critically important to the future growth of Solarwinds Inc.
Below is a brief summary of our Solarwinds Cloud portfolio and the primary problem they solve for our nearly 1 million end users.
Pingdom – Digital experience monitoring and uptime monitoring solution
AppOptics – Distributed tracing application performance management (APM) solution which includes aggregation of application, host, infrastructure and custom metrics
Papertrail – Cloud-hosted aggregated log management solution
We are looking for energetic and talented people who love to solve challenging problems!
Manager, Engineering (Cloud)
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
What would you be responsible for in this role?
- Build, manage, and inspire a strong development team
- Lead a team of software engineers through project iteration, execution and deployment
- Work closely with each direct staff member to assess and improve their skills and partner with them on defining career paths.
- Ensure clarity on project iteration scope, and delivery against iteration schedule
- Track and manage project schedules to releases deadlines
- Coordinate support issues requiring an escalation for immediate resolution
- Work with team members to ensure proper quality control coverage for a release
- Drive best practices and continuous improvements in operational and engineering excellence.
- Daily management of objectives, priorities, tradeoffs, risk and performance management of all reporting staff
- Lead and participate in technology discussions and planning with product management
- Communicate status, risks to schedules and offer mitigation strategies to ensure timely delivery of all committed projects across the delivery teams
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong hands on background in engineering excellence in iteration development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- Passion for continuous improvement through innovation and creative thinking
- Deep hands-on technical expertise with the latest Cloud/SaaS technologies.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Strong technical background in full stack application development
- Significant experience in managing complex projects that require a deep understanding of the application logic and dependencies
- Proven passion around personal and professional development of direct reports
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience with SaaS based deployments (or similar Cloud) (including automated testing)
- Experience building distributed systems
- Scrum master certification
- Experience with web application development and API development
- Experience leading geographically distributed engineering team
- Experience implementing micro-service based deployments
- 7+ years of experience designing, developing, and deploying software
- 4+ years of experience leading or managing a development and test team
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Clojure is a plus
- Experience with RabbitMQ (or another messaging system)
What awaits for you besides the top technology and great coworkers?
Among the many benefits are a competitive salary, bonuses, and growth opportunities.
We promote self-education and support you in learning new things – through conferences, learning tutorials and mentors. You can enjoy comfortable office spaces with free and tasty coffee, snacks, game room, soft chairs and PS4.
We invest into your growth - we give you an additional 10 days off for independent study every year.
You can bike to work and find colleagues who do same sports as you do.
We provide MultiSport, flexible working hours, private health insurance, and fruits in the kitchen.