sharing the costs of sports activities
- Roosevelta 18, PoznańPoznań, Greater Poland
- Offer expired 16 days ago
- Remote recruitment
- contract of employment
- specialist (Mid / Regular)
In this role you will have end to end ownership of VAT Module in D365 reporting directly to Group Indirect Tax Manager with dotted line to ERP Finance Project Manager. You will also be working very closely with other ERP Track Leads/PM Group. Your main scope of duties and responsibilities will be to:
• Ensure local VAT reporting requirements are handled for all DFDS entities in D365 and ensure setup in D365 is correct to enable automated VAT/SAF-T reporting in D365.
• Ensure accounting compliance to make sure Group/local GAAP accounting principles are adhered to at all stage of the project for all entities.
• Create/maintain the setup the two-way matching of VAT in D365 correctly – Item Sales tax Groups and Sales Tax groups in Master data to enable to have correct Sales Tax codes in the base transactions of incoming and outgoing invoices.
• Prepare and conduct training to end users in Poznan and in Local Business on how to use the VAT setup in the system.
• Spearhead extensive VAT testing both internal in D365 and test integrations from legacy systems – prepare test scripts, co-ordinate with testers, ensure all test cases are run, passed and errors fixed.
• To be actively and full time involved in pilot, cluster roll outs of D365 in DFDS and ensure 100% VAT compliance to all local DFDS requirements.
• Set up and conduct necessary VAT related workshops with Local Business stakeholders/ internal project stakeholders/ with ERP implementation partners and make sure communication and knowledge sharing is actively sought
• Involve yourself in other tracks for all cross functional areas as necessary wherever there is overlapping between Finance/HR/Procurement as per communication from the functional Project Manager and under the guidance of the Group Indirect Tax Manager especially with Procurement, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
• Ensure correct and cleaned Master data is uploaded to golden data into D365.
• Prepare internal DFDS Minutes/action items and follow up on action items with relevant stakeholders internally.
• Co-ordinate with the Product Owners of Legacy systems for VAT integration with other DFDS systems and ensure smooth inflow and outflow of data from/to D365.
• Own end to end documentation of all VAT related setup for each local entity specific requirements in the ERP general data model.
• Documentation of all global setup in a Runbook/Handbook for VAT Administration in ERP
• Finance Team meetings – actively take part of daily catchups, knowledge sharing session, 1:1 with Project Manager, feedback, workshops’ and trainings etc
• Participate in Group Cross Track meetings when required by the project management team and/or when considered necessary
• Involve in planning, designing, and executing the deliverables committed to make deadlines but not at the expense of certainty and compliance
• Prior proven experience of handling European VAT a must for this role.
• Candidate should have either academic finance background or occupational experience in finance areas.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics (AX or D365) an added advantage.
• Prior project handling/ system implementation experience an added advantage.
• Positive attitude/approach towards the project – adapt to challenging deadlines and be sharp in prioritizing work with the Project Manager.
• Bold and outspoken - not afraid of speaking up and voicing the opinion during workshops. Ability to lead the workshops of 20+ people attending the sessions online or physical.
• Agile - ability to manage pressure efficiently. Plan the work for each sprint and execute the action items by having proper prioritization.
• Have keen interest and willingness to train others as VAT Specialist will be required to train Local business and service centre during Pilot and subsequent cluster roll outs.
• Have the curiosity to try out new features and have a lateral thinking process.
• ERP VAT Specialists will be first level Testers. Have the patience to test the new system and ensure they are working as it is set out to.
What we offer
Unique, Scandinavian work culture – we know how to build friendly, positive place to work at, with great atmosphere and people who care, who respect each other, who are always ready to help and simply enjoy working with us!
Work- life balance – we respect your time after work – you have flexible working hours, you can come to work between 8:00 and 9:15 and have 30 min paid break during the day! Now we work from home
Top location of our office – we are in the heart of Poznan - Rondo Kaponiera – you can easily get to the office from any place!
Comfortable and modern office – you can use an adjustable desk, comfortable chair, spend time in relaxation zone, take a break in modern kitchen with coffee machine and healthy snacks
Attractive social benefits package – you can use private medical and dental care – premium package, Multisport, MyBenefit and group insurance
We take care about your mental health – you can join our yoga and fitness classes!
There is always something going on! – we events like spending time together, we organize team integration (once a month, now remotely :) and also join charity campaigns
We move for all to grow – we give you the opportunity to develop during our internal trainings and development programs, we provide founding for courses and training, you can also join free English ang German classes (1,5h once a week) and you can build your career in any of our departments
You can travel for free with our ships!
And last but not the least – our great people!
private medical care
sharing the costs of foreign language classes
sharing the costs of professional training & courses
remote work opportunities
flexible working time
corporate sports team
no dress code
coffee / tea
extra social benefits
employee referral program
foreign language lessons
DFDS Polska Sp z o.o.
DFDS is Europe’s largest and the most reliable integrated shipping and logistics company with more than 8,000+ employees in 20 countries. We have quite a long history to share - the company was founded in 1866 and is headquartered in Copenhagen.
In 2013, one of DFDS branch - DFDS Polska was established in Poznan as the group’s finance and accounting Shared Service Centre. Our Poznan office now employs approx. 300 staff and covers Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and General Ledger functions in 20 European countries as well as specialist areas in Indirect Taxation, Cash Management, Master Data, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Continuous Improvement and Customs & Compliance.
We have a unique Scandinavian work culture and we develop to be the best organization to work in. Together we achieved a lot of success and one of them took place in 2017, when DFDS Polska was named the winner of the ABSL Business Leader in Business Excellence Diamond Award.
Now it’s your turn! Sail with us - share our story and build yours!
Though responsible for a track, ERP VAT Specialists will be involved flexibly across all finance tracks depending upon workload in each sprint. This way, we ensure back up and knowledge sharing between all finance tracks.
There will be travelling involved depending on the location of the workshops. Currently most of the finance workshops and testing are happening in Poznan.
Interested to hear more?
I would be happy to tell you more about the position, our company and chances for you to grow at DFDS Polska! Please contact me: Agata Kaczanowicz – mobile: 780 110 283