On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and services play essential roles in people’s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
Our IT organization isn’t just here to support our business. We’re here to reinvent it – by changing the way our customers, partners and employees interact with our company. To do that, we’re looking for people who bring great ideas and who make our partners’ ideas better. Intellectually curious advisors (not order takers) who focus on outcomes to creatively solve business problems. People who not only embrace change, but who accelerate it.
Ethical Hacker (Red Team Analyst)
As part of the Red Team, the analyst will:
- Execute controlled real world attacks against MSI live systems, products and facilities.
- Challenge existing security controls and identify strategic business and operational risks to the company.
- Routinely adopt the tools and techniques of actual adversaries, leveraging the latest attacks on other organizations, and mimic the work of adversaries to improve and train the Security Operations Center analysts.
- Work with incident response and security engineers to tune detection mechanisms and improve current processes and controls.
- Utilize techniques to successfully demonstrate a vulnerability compromise and how these attacks of deliberate disruption can cause financial loss or cause negative impact to Motorola Solutions and its customers
What we are looking for:
- Broad knowledge of MS Windows, Unix-based and mid-range platform systems used to deliver commercial enterprise applications
- Cloud computing knowledge
- Technically proficient in penetration testing tools such as: Cobalt Strike, Innuendo, Metasploit, Empire, responder, impact suite, nmap, masscan, bloodhound, etc
- Ability to think creatively and create custom tools and exploits
- Have a software development background and/or proficiency with utility programming/scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Powershell, etc.
- Excellent English language skills: oral and written communication.
- Proficient in developing and presenting – in written and oral form – highly technical information presentations to non-technical audiences at all levels of the organization
- Strong team player, must be able to work with others and contribute to help solve complex issues
- Ability to work with a geographically dispersed team
- Certifications: Any of the following are preferred but not required: OSCP, OSCE, GWAPT, GPEN, or GXPN.
- Hands-on technical security red team experience is a huge plus
- Experience with Cyber Kill chain and MITRE’s Adversarial Tactics, Techniques, and Common Knowledge.
- The ability to submit sample code or scripts previously written, or example exploits developed. (Exploit DB, etc.)
- Bachelors or master degree in Ethical Hacking, Information Security, Computer Security, Network Security, Computer Science or related work experience
- 3+ years of infrastructure and application level penetration testing experience