Experienced Operations Manager
Amazon Europe Core
- offer expired 14 days ago
- contract of employment
- team manager
As an Operations Manager, you’ll deliver inspiring, supportive leadership for the teams you manage. But at the same time, you don’t shy away from rolling up your sleeves and getting involved whenever necessary.
You’ll be directly responsible for managing a team of Area Managers and their direct reports: meanwhile, you will report to the Senior Operations Manager of your Fulfillment Center.
The role includes the overall management, control and direction of operations and will work to continuously improve the functionality and level of service that the FC provides to our customers, resulting in exceeded productivity goals and the delivery to our customer promise.
· Manage and drive staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives, and other Change/ Six Sigma initiatives to enable Operations and ultimately the FC to attain our Business Plan
· Manage a team of managers with responsibility of a department of 300+ employees within a very fast-paced/ time-critical and demanding environment
· Set/ clarify requirements and expectations for Business Unit Managers Logistics and Team Leaders
· Measure performance through metrics, providing feedback, and holding Managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments
· As needed partner with Managers to establish corrective plans to insure that department meets objectives
· Leverage ideas of Business Unit Managers Logistics and Team Leaders to source and nurture creative improvement plans for the FC
· Take proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments and shifts
· Be responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the department
· Work closely with support staff (HR, Financial Manager, Facilities Manager, Safety Manager, Security Manager, IT Manager) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives
· Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and procedures
· Manage and promote the maintenance of the working environment including driving health and safety standards across your operational area
· Ensure security procedures are followed at all times
· Maintains a complete management overview and thorough understanding of inventory in a multi-product automated environment
· Achieve stock accuracy targets
· Implements change and/or develops new processes as required to provide ability to better direct ship multiple products to multiple locations and geographies
· Continuously measure and evaluate the departmental goals and all work processes, available daily labour and daily production goals and hourly progress towards these goals
· Improve quality and eliminate errors, reduce cost per unit
Possess a degree from an accredited institution,
Previous experience in leading large, diverse teams,
You possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
You’re competent in two or more production or supply chain areas, with an impressive track record in a similar, dynamic logistics, distribution or manufacturing environment,
You possess the ability to organise details, establish and carry out root cause analysis, and then extract and analyse the data you generate,
You have English & Polish language (Verbal and written communication, including report writing skills)
You are ready to work in 4 day shifts – able to manage a business that can operate 24/7 (including nights and weekends). Therefore you should be able and willing to work to flexible schedules/ shifts and commit the time required to get the job done.
Master's Degree in Business/ Operations / specialization in supply chain or operations would be a plus
Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies would be highly advantageous.
Amazon Europe Core
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one.
A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon. At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
Amazon is looking to hire an experienced Operations Manager to join the team in our Fulfillment Center (FC).