Expert Compliance Information Barriers [Online/Phone Recruitment]
STANDARD CHARTERED GLOBAL BUSINESS SERVICES SP Z O O O firmie
- Towarowa 25A, 00-001 Warszawa, PolskaWarszawa, mazowieckie
- Ważna jeszcze miesiącdo: 1 maj 2020
- Pełny etat
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Expert Compliance Information Barriers [Online/Phone Recruitment]Numer ref.: Location: Warszawa
The Role Responsibilities:
- As an independent second line risk control function, execute the relevant aspects of the Compliance framework through robust independent risk control and the provision of specialist advice and constructive challenge in a manner proportionate to the nature, scale, and complexity of the Group’s business.
- Perform the initial review and/or resolve alerts/cases by following the relevant Surveillance, Monitoring & Conduct Standard Operating Procedure to detect potential internal policy breaches on market abuse and inappropriate client execution, as well as irregular behaviour that may lead to regulatory / compliance issues.
- Escalate flagged messages according to the Surveillance escalation procedures.
- Support any ad hoc data retrievals and reviews from source, i.e. EBS NEX, Reuters Matching, etc.
- Review surveillance alerts, identify, and escalate for in any of the following scenarios: potential trading anomalies, indications of market abuse, indications of inappropriate information sharing and other inappropriate activity within its businesses. Driven by guidance notes, internal policies, and procedures.
- Focused on Information Barrier risks, focused on trading against Watch and Restricted Lists and trading ahead of Research activity, as well as other related processes for identifying inappropriate information sharing.
- Support all control checks approved by Operational Risk Framework (ORF) & be accountable for identification and escalation of potential risks and issues to senior management through appropriate governance channels and the Quality Assurance framework
- Inform senior management and relevant regulators of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Surveillance skills or experience within Compliance area
- Min. Bachelor degree
- Data & analysis skills: able to manage data exceptions and analyse trends and out of pattern activities, working knowledge of Internet and MS Office Suite & independently assimilate, analyse, and evaluate information from disperse data sources to determine a course of action (e.g. case closure or escalation), and record and communicate this decision clearly and concisely.
- Products & systems: knowledge in financial market products, trade booking structures and related systems
- Banking: knowledge in terms of customers, products, and transactions
- Banking operations experience and an inquisitive & service-oriented attitude
- Excellent communication in English (articulation and writing)
- Training, licenses, memberships, and certifications
- Bank training
What we offer:
- Career development in a fast-growing company with a clear business strategy
- Opportunity to expand international experience and build global professional relations
- Competitive benefits package (incl. health & life insurance, pension plan, meal & sports cards)
- 3 days of paid volunteering leave our employees can use to support the cause of their choice
- Convenient location (next to Rondo Daszyńskiego) with subway, tram and bus lines
- Comfortable office space with chillout areas, free coffee/tea & fruit supply
- Contribution to building our newest Global Business Services centre