Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
Finance Analyst with Italian
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
- Report to authorities and regulatory bodies in Italian language (Intrastat monthly submission, Istat (the National Institute for Statistics) questionnaires, fiscal data, royalties, annual fees, data required by Banca Italia, Oil Ministero, etc.)
- Act as process expert for the Italian legal entity supporting other processes located in Finance Operations Krakow as well as the business users.
- Execute financial controls, ensure operational and design effectiveness of the controls within the area of responsibility, ensure compliance with the Shell Group Control Framework and relevant standards/guidelines.
- Focal point role for external auditors, supporting Finance Managers in closing of audit findings.
- Act as tax support - secondary/tertiary analysis of tax numbers for group reporting.
- Review cash movements in / out of the venture (trapped cash, swept bank accounts, dividend payments, equity drawdown / repayment).
- Provide input into submission of supplementary information on results to Group Reporting for use in EC and Board communication.
- Interact with Revenue Accounting team.
- Perform regular balance sheet and retained earnings reviews and challenge when necessary
- Investigate and resolve unallocated balances.
- Cooperate with relevant stakeholders within the Shell Finance Operations organization (Krakow and other FO centers) as well as stakeholders in Shell business units to deliver good quality accounting and reporting services (assisting in preparation of reports, latest estimates, business plan; collecting inputs for the Financial Controller and Finance Managers; supporting ad hoc queries from the business, JV Partners and multiple stakeholders).
- Provide support to other team members on complex accounting issues in close cooperation with Group Reporting advisor.
- Participating and leading Reporting & Analysis process projects across various locations
- Initiating and leading process improvements.
- Resolving and escalating issues timely and effectively.
- Complying with team, process and global policies and procedures.
- University degree in a finance related discipline
- 4-5 years of work experience in financial accounting/ financial reporting/ controlling/ analysis
- Must be a part qualified accountant, or qualified by experience
- Thorough understanding of financial and management accounting
- Extensive understanding of IT GAAP and IFRS accounting standards and reporting requirements
- Understanding of the flow of data from the various systems along with the accounting entries that are generated, be able to quickly identify and correct potential errors in a timely manner
- Fluent English and fluent Italian (both are a must)
- Business partnering and influencing skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills to be capable of developing effective relationships with stakeholders and business partners
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Expected to identify opportunities for optimization, streamlining processes and achieving greater organizational efficiency
- Ability to work virtually
- Ability to translate business goals and value driving factors into financial and accounting requirements
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and expertise to perform work independently with minimal supervision
Find out more
People with disabilities are welcome