Finance Manager - Global Advisory
Ref no: WRO001E6
As a Finance Manager you will perform role that serves as a business partner and advisor to key business leaders. This role provides critical thinking on business direction, operating performance and financial results, in support of the Global Advisory Service Line leadership team.
This role will establish a trusted relationship with their client, understanding their needs and teaming with other Finance team members to bring best in class analytical support, functional expertise and reporting solutions.
Your key responsibilities
- Team with Markets Finance to assist Markets, Region and Area leadership with the development and coordination of the annual revenue planning process, including aligning growth aspirations with the Annual Financial Plan, assessing affordability of NBD and ensuring SL managed GPPM target setting outcomes are appropriately robust
- Provide financial modeling and analysis services to Global, Area, and Service Line leadership in support of business planning, operational decision-making, pricing and financial outlook.
- Deliver weekly and monthly performance reporting for respective business, adding insight, financial analysis and commentary. Maintain a robust month end reporting process, and ensure commentaries are timely, insightful and action oriented
- Be the 'Go To' contact for financial and operational issues while supporting the SL, SSL and Region Leaders and act as a trusted business adviser. Develop effective working relationships with the extended Finance team and leadership, becoming a key point of contact
- Analyze and present complex financial data in a way that is easily understandable. Pro-actively suggest ways to solve problems and to display presentations. Develop and support the delivery of presentations that engage audiences, responding to questions and concerns arising
- Respond to requests from Finance and SL Leadership to answer specific ad hoc financial questions and provide insightful information to advance leadership discussion and decision making. Support the design and delivery of ad hoc financial analysis. Ability to model projections, identify trends and issues that need to be analysed and understood
- Provide support to SL run initiatives as well as Finance run initiatives such as Gross Margin improvement, Mercury / SAP implementation, Planning, budgeting and forecasting (PBFA) cycle, Market Leadership Plan. Support the completion on time of the various Plan, Forecast, MLP and revenue planning cycles, ensuring outputs align to the objectives set at the Regional, Area and Global levels
- Implement planning approaches that will facilitate the achievement of strategic and operational goals. Utilize the planning process and related communications to achieve alignment of priorities; analyze and challenge Plans, highlighting key issues, opportunities and provide remedial recommendations
- Support financial scenario modeling for leadership, providing recommended solutions/outcomes within a range of options, in support of enterprise management
- Act as counsellor and coach to PBFA professionals as required, supporting development and demonstration of Trusted Business Advisor competencies of the team
To qualify for the role you must have
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience .
- A strong understanding of corporate financial management with concentration in financial planning and analysis is required
- Strong technical skills with the ability to analyze problems, design and implement solutions independently
- Advanced Excel & PowerPoint skills - Pivot, vlook ups and ability to manipulate and draw trends from vast amounts of data
- Highly team oriented approach, with flexibility regarding tasks undertaken and the ability to prioritize a number of conflicting demands to meet exacting deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills - can work alongside and gain the trust and respect of stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Credibility and confidence to challenge and propose better ways of doing things as well as build bridges and harmonize divergent interests and priorities
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal; excellent presentation and client advisory skill
- Flexibility for limited travel
- Strong spoken and written English
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Graduate and/or professional certification in a business related subject matter (i.e. Accounting, Finance)
- Spotfire / Tableau skills would be advantageous.
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals who are eager to be the 'Go To' contact for financial and operational issues while supporting the Service Lines Leaders and act as a trusted business adviser, develop effective working relationships with the extended Finance team and leadership, becoming a key point of contact.
What working at EY offers
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Join us in building a better working world.