Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
Thanks to cooperation with Shell you gain:
- Comfortable working environment: Newly-built modern office with its own canteen, relax rooms, bike & car parking space
- Yearly bonuses and lots of non-monetary benefits (e.g. MultiSport Card, vouchers for cultural and free time activities, 12 sport sections, and many more)
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Additional funds for trainings and certifications
- EuroShell Card
- Bonus for referring your friend to work
People with disabilities are welcome to apply as we provide reasonable accommodations and assistive technologies for people with diverse disabilities.
Finance Team Manager
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
nr ref.: 113280BR
We are currently looking for an experienced Team Manager to join one of our tax teams (VAT and excise duty only).
Team Manager's main accountabilities and activities will cover team management as well as coordination of the indirect tax compliance process for specific countries.
- Lead a team of Indirect Tax Specialist delivering excellent Indirect Tax compliance process (by setting stretched targets, properly allocating resources, gaining commitment for delivery, coaching and managing underperformance, includes providing timely and honest performance feedback)
- Develop both functional and leadership skills in the team required to support the Tax function and the business in the Indirect Tax compliance process.
- Ensure succession and knowledge retention in the team.
- Manage tax return and the reconciliation process.
- Cooperate with the stakeholders in the area of tax and/or business changes which might have impact on the tax settlements effectively manage and develop Tax team
- Supervise the Team in cooperation with F&A processes to ensure timely and accurate completion of accounting activities upon which tax returns submission depends.
- Manage the Tax Team to deliver accurate and timely tax returns and corresponding tax payments.
- Managing risks of non compliance in processes operated by managed team.
- Driving corrective actions within the Tax department to ensure compliance of the process with local tax regulations and internal procedures (CCI, metrics reporting etc).
- Identification of the problems in compliance process operated by the Tax Department and assurance that identified problems get resolved,
- Managing stakeholders: identified as critical / key for the process
- Understanding of the business process and correlation between the process and key indicators of the Indirect Tax process, as well as building business understanding within the team
- Deliver commercial results by planning and prioritizing activities within the team, monitoring the team’s work against plan and intervene when needed, as well as reviewing and assuring the quality of deliverables.
- Build operational excellence by driving continuous improvement opportunities to close value gap, ensuring that efficient and effective controls are in place, as well as encouraging team to improve efficiency of work and building culture of continuous improvement.
- Develop team members by allocating work to build on strengths, active coaching for performance and development, managing a pipeline of successors for critical roles including own role.
- Ensure resources required by effective recruitment and onboarding process, managing turnover and enhance knowledge retention.
- Build excellent relations with stakeholders (internal and external) ensuring effective communication about business and law changes.
- Co-ordination/ support for resolving all audit queries.
- Ensuring compliance with standard streamline Indirect Tax process and controls.
- Ensure quality and timelines of SOAR and metrics in own reporting nodes.
- Contribute to successful go-live of any new tax migrations.
- Identify and implement opportunities to continuously improve processes which enable to deliver on efficiency and effectiveness targets.
- University degree, preferably in area of Finance and Accounting
- Must have at least 6 years work experience in various financial positions including operational experience in some fianance processess e.g. AP, AR, GL, Credit, Tax etc
- Experience in managing a team
- Self-motivation and self-starting who is able to build and lead a team and manage/integrate with others in different functions and in a multicultural and diverse business environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including communication with senior stakeholders.
- Presentation skills
- Highly developed analytical skills with perceptive and clear think strategic abilities
- Fluent English
- Experience of working in a virtual environment.
- Knowledge of various ERP systems and MS Office.
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Strong and proven experience in project management (Six Sigma Certification will be an asset)
Find out more
People with disabilities are welcome
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.