Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
This openness sparks innovation and agility, which adds to the entrepreneurial spirit and provides many more career opportunities for our staff. We are a group of high-performing, dedicated and caring professionals who believe that working together is the foundation for superior client service excellence.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
Financial Reporting Team Leader
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
The Financial Reporting Team Leader is responsible for managing the day-to-day provision of financial reporting services of the Financial Reporting Department. Working closely with the Financial Reporting Manager, the Team Leader will allocate tasks and workload to the Financial Reporting Analysts/Supervisors and Financial Reporting Senior Representatives to ensure the timely and high-quality preparation of statutory annual and semi-annual financial statements.
- Undertaking primary responsibility for the provision of financial reporting services to his/her allocated clients.
- Preparing and agreeing account preparation timetables with clients and auditors (where applicable).
- Day to day management of operations for preparation, review and delivery of statutory reports, assigned sections of board packs and other ad-hoc reporting requests.
- Coordinate the preparation and review the Forms NQ and 24F-2 for US registered investment companies.
- Ensuring a high degree of accuracy and quality in department output and ensuring all work is meeting and exceeding client expectations.
- Acting as primary escalation point for clients’ and auditors’ queries.
- Continuous liaison with internal departments vis-a-vis completion of audits and regular updates to the Financial Reporting Manager.
- Responsibility for communications to regulators, compliance and internal and external audit.
- Continuous reviewing and updating of department procedures to ensure they are current complete and reflect best practice.
- Assisting in the evaluation and development of enhancements to the Financial Reporting and Fund Accounting to automate procedures for financial reporting purposes.
- Primary responsibility for coaching and developing his/her reporting team-members and providing appropriate feedback via monthly one-to-one meetings and the firm’s performance appraisal process in order to assist staff in achieving their goals.Assisting in projects to improve the efficiency, quality and accuracy of deliverables.
- Maintaining a strong familiarity with applicable laws, regulations and interpretations governing financial statements and disclosure, including Irish, Lux and US GAAP, Companies Acts, UCITS Regulations, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Updating and communicating with clients the impact of such changes in advance of their financial statements.
- Keeping team-members informed of new industry developments relating to changes in financial reporting disclosure requirements and ensuring effective implementation of such changes within departmental procedures.
- Primary degree in accounting/finance related discipline.
- Professional accountancy qualification desirable (qualified or part qualified).
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a fund administration environment, or similar experience in a financial reporting role, with direct responsibility for staff.
- Must be self-motivated and possess excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work under own initiative and take responsibility for seeing all jobs through to completion.
- Strong experience in managing, mentoring and coaching staff.
- Must be detail orientated, with strong reviewing skills and a high degree of accuracy essential.
- Proven ability to manage and complete a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and regulatory reporting requirements for all funds under administration, with particular emphasis on Irish GAAP, IFRS, US GAAP, Lux GAAP and UCITS regulations.
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Possesses ability to work in a potentially high pressure, client-driven environment.
- Strong focus on implementation of and adherence to internal controls.
- Must be highly computer literate with strong Excel and Word skills. Knowledge of Confluence Unity software desirable.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of EDGAR system.
- Fluency in English essential with knowledge of German and/or French desirable.
- Communicates Effectively(listens carefully and expresses self clearly, persuasively and professionally both verbally and in writing).
- Fosters Team Spirit(Creates an atmosphere of cooperation and common goal achievement by contributing and encouraging others to contribute ideas, opinions and skills).
- Is Adaptable (Adjusts appropriately to competing demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change).
- Is Technically Proficient(Possesses and applies the technical knowledge and skills essential to addressing key job challenges).
- Knows Industry (Understands the industry, keeps abreast of current trends and uses this information as appropriate in day-to-day work).
- Is Committed to Quality Client Service(Builds and maintains strong client relationships through consistently excellent service delivery).
- Pursues Self Development(Continuously seeks learning opportunities and strives to achieve the highest level of professional success).
- Takes Initiative and Assumes Responsibility(Drives actions and assumes ownership of tasks, problems and opportunities).
- Is Creative (Demonstrates flexibility in thinking to generate new and innovative ideas, approaches and perspectives that add value to the firm).
- Exhibits Sound Judgement and Solves Problems (Makes sound decisions and solves problems based on a balance of facts, experience and common sense).
- Drives Continuous Improvement (Challenges the status quo and drives the organizations to continuously improve).
- Coaches and Develops Others (Takes an active interest in others’ professional growth and provides them with feedback, guidance, encouragement and opportunities to develop).
- Delegates and Manages Performance (Delegates effectively by clearly communication objectives, standards, responsibilities and milestones, holding individuals and teams accountable for achieving results).
- Manages Resources (Ensures the most effective use of the firm’s resources through careful planning, analysis and control).