About J.P. Morgan:
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries. We have a sophisticated local market presence in Europe, Middle East and Africa which is complemented by staff around the world who support our growth and serve our clients 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We are excited to expand our team in Poland and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative and dedicated individuals to join us in our new corporate centre in Warsaw. Bring us your expertise and you’ll be part of a global community, working with people around the world and with a company that’s committed to investing in you and making a success of this key new location for our business.
Firmwide Economic Scenarios & Analysis - Vice President
The Firmwide Economic Scenarios & Analytics team within Global Finance oversees the development and distribution of the full set of economic assumptions used in the Firm’s forecasting processes. The team collaborates with the Economics and Strategy Research teams, CFO/Financial Planning teams, Risk functions, and other corporate areas such as Investor Relations and the Regulatory Capital Management Office. Economic assumptions cover key US and global economic indicators, fixed income markets, equity markets, etc., and accordingly, a broad knowledge base across economics and finance is essential. The team develops scenarios across a range of potential economic backdrops which are distributed firmwide.
- The VP is expected to play an integral role in the development and growth of the team. The role can expect to have exposure to senior leaders, including but not limited to, the Firm’s CFO and CRO and will have the opportunity to develop important managerial and analytical skills required to advance in the Finance organization. The VP will:
- Oversee and participate in hands-on review of economic forecasting methodologies, documentation, process, and data to assess conceptual and financial soundness of the implementations, as well as compliance with rules and best practices.
- Lead ad-hoc analysis as needed, e.g. evaluating Firm’s exposure and sensitivity to key macroeconomic variables, and connecting macroeconomic drivers to emerging industry trends.
- Support the design and execution of economic forecasts that make up the scenarios, working closely with key partners including suppliers of economic variables (JPM Economic/Strategy research teams or other experts) and users (Risk and Finance Lines of Business). Experience with scenario planning, CCAR, ICAAP a plus.
- Oversee and conduct reviews of forecast models; assess appropriateness of model inputs, methodology, and output. Perform periodic calibration.
- Work across lines of businesses to ensure consistent model development and application. Collaborate with governance groups to support model enhancements and maintain model inventory.
- Communicate with key stakeholders such as Finance and Risk, Planning & Analysis, quantitative model development, Investor Relations and senior leadership to manage and coordinate inbound questions, deliverables, and ad-hoc requests.
- Develop executive-level presentations for senior management, regulators and internal stakeholders
- Strong quantitative background: Master’s degree in one of the following: Econometrics / Statistics, Engineering, Quantitative / Math Finance, etc. or equivalent in a quantitative discipline a plus
- 8+ years of work experience, with a strong interest in Finance and / or Economics
- Demonstrable statistical regression experience
- Experience with economic and financial modeling. Experience with programming languages/statistical software (e.g. SAS, Python, R).
- Ability to understand and challenge modeling assumptions as well as concrete technical model documentation
- Exceptionally detail-oriented with the ability to synthesize large amounts of data, summarize key concepts and articulate relevant conclusions
- Excellent organizational and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Experience managing project work streams across multiple key stakeholders
- Self-starter, able to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with a proven track record of execution against deliverables
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities and to meet deadlines under pressure. Works well individually and in teams, shares information, supports colleagues and encourages participation.