Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
This openness sparks innovation and agility, which adds to the entrepreneurial spirit and provides many more career opportunities for our staff. We are a group of high-performing, dedicated and caring professionals who believe that working together is the foundation for superior client service excellence.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
Full Stack Developer - Java and Angular
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
Job ID: 39401
As a Full Stack Developer you will join Passive Currency Administration (PCA) team and you will work on new business critical applications, focusing mostly on front-end. You will be responsible for managing source code, automated unit tests, continues integration. You will also participate in all other system development life cycle (SDLC) activities, from requirements definition through design, development and testing phases to the production rollout.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Application design - create proofs of concept or prototypes if required; contribute to technical design of applications; contribute to database / data model design
- Contribute to requirements definition - contribute technical expertise to defining application requirements in collaboration with business analysts, business representatives and others. Individual must be able to streamline as well as record requirements, perform gap analysis and offer functionality options where appropriate.
- Provide responsive support for business areas - quickly resolve issues encountered by business lines in the production environment
- Produce code for new and modified programs that meet user requirements and conform to departmental standards regarding documentation and structure that is reliable and easy to maintain.
- Expertise in Angular 6 and its programing flavors (TypeScript, Node.js, Design Patterns, clean code principles), together with the rest of a web application stack (HTML, CSS, Bootstrap 3+, WebPack, Angular CLI)
- Experience with Java (Spring, Hibernate)
- Experience with CD/CI components (Git, Jenkins, Maven)
- Experience with SQL, Oracle
Nice to have attributes:
- Ability to understand PL/SQL code
- Skills and/or previous experience in Java EE development
- Prior experience with Tomcat
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself — without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage