- Opolska 31, Kraków, PolskaKraków, małopolskie
- Ogłoszenie wygasło miesiąc temu
- Pełny etat
Location: Kraków, Poland
Department: Fund Accounting
A Fund Accounting Assistant Manager is required to execute the following tasks within the fund accounting department. They shall be executed within the guidelines and procedures provided by HedgeServ and under the supervision and guidance of a Fund Accounting Manager and Director. They will facilitate the timely and accurate delivery of NAV calculations and work closely with the fund accountants under their supervision. Supervision of the cash, position and OTC reconciliation process, including trade capture, processing corporate actions and pricing are an integral part of the Fund Accounting Assistant Manager’s role. They will assist in the development of the NAV team, setting goals and acting as a guide and mentor to direct reports. Every Fund Accounting Assistant Manager will receive the requisite Induction Training in addition to both compulsory (AML/KYC) and optional training. Additional client-specific training will be provided by the NAV Manager.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
The below list is not finite and may be added to. The combination of tasks required to be executed will vary depending on both client structure, client requirements and business needs.
- Quality control review of cash, position and market value reconciliations.
- Ensure all aged items on cash and position reconciliations are resolved timely.
- Review fund pricing.
- Review corporate actions.
- Review profit and loss reports for reasonableness.
- Review income and expense accruals including fee calculations and trading accruals.
- Review fund trial balance.
- Review profit allocations to fund investors.
- Review compliance with HedgeServ defined checklists, procedures and controls.
- Converse and liaise with internal services departments to resolve miscellaneous fund issues.
- Assist Managers with fund accounting enquiries escalated by Supervisor or Administrator.
- Respond to client queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist in the audit process including preparation of fund financial statements.
- Assist team development by providing guidance, training and mentoring to Fund Accountants, setting their goals and monitoring performance.
- Ensure pre-agreed internal and external deadlines are met consistently.
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- 5+ years’ experience working in a hedge fund administration firm is required.
- Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree.
- Intention to actively pursue a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, ACA), if not already started, part qualified or qualified, would be an advantage but is not required.
- IT Literate.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and well organized.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure and independently.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Good initiative tempered with identifying when escalation is required.
- Strong systems, product and process knowledge.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Ability to positively influence team morale.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Take ownership of designated tasks.
- Act as a role model for HedgeServ.
If you are interested, please send your CV via the Apply button below.