HedgeServ is a hedge fund administration company that features a unique technology platform with one of the most experienced service teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides a service solution for front office, risk, valuations, middle office, fund accounting and fund administration that is customized to the needs of the individual hedge fund, fund of hedge funds and private equity funds. HedgeServ is located in New York, London, Boston, Cork, Dublin, Luxembourg, Sydney, Cayman and our new European office Kraków, Poland.
Fund Accounting Supervisor
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
A Fund Accounting Supervisor is required to execute the following tasks within the fund accounting department. They shall be executed within the guidelines and procedures provided by HedgeServ and under the supervision and guidance of a Fund Accounting Assistant Manager and Manager. They will facilitate the timely and accurate delivery of NAV calculations and work closely with the fund accountants under their supervision. Supervision of the cash, position and OTC reconciliation process, including trade capture, processing corporate actions and pricing are an integral part of the Fund Accounting Supervisor’s role. They will assist in the development of the NAV team, setting goals and acting as a guide and mentor to direct reports. Every Fund Accounting Supervisor will receive the requisite Induction Training in addition to both compulsory (AML/KYC) and optional training. Additional client-specific training will be provided by the NAV Assistant Manager.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
The below list is not finite and may be added to. The combination of tasks required to be executed will vary depending on both client structure, client requirements and business needs.
- Review cash, position and market value reconciliations.
- Resolve break items on reconciliations in a timely manner.
- Review fund pricing.
- Review corporate actions.
- Review profit and loss reports for reasonableness.
- Review income and expense accruals including fee calculations and trading accruals.
- Review fund trial balance.
- Review profit allocations to fund investors.
- Review compliance with HedgeServ defined checklists, procedures and controls.
- Converse and liaise with internal services departments to resolve miscellaneous fund issues.
- Escalate fund accounting issues and aged items to Fund Accounting Assistant Manager.
- Respond to client queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist in the audit process including preparation of fund financial statements.
- Assist team development by providing guidance, training and mentoring to Fund Accountants, setting their goals and monitoring performance.
- Ensure pre-agreed internal and external deadlines are met consistently.
HedgeServ operates a client focused structure which provides a wide-range of experience to all levels of employee. As such a Fund Accounting Supervisor should be flexible and willing to adapt.
A Fund Accounting Supervisor should be capable of supervising up to 4 Fund Accountants and facilitate their ongoing development and that of the NAV team.
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- 3+ years’ experience working in a hedge fund administration firm is required.
- Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree.
- Intention to actively pursue a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, ACA), if not already started, part qualified or qualified, would be an advantage but is not required.
- IT Literate.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and well organized.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure and independently.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Good initiative tempered with identifying when escalation is required.
- Strong systems, product and process knowledge.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Ability to positively influence team morale.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Take ownership of designated tasks.
- Act as a role model for HedgeServ.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a hedge fund administration firm is required.
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package
- Progressive company
- Exciting start-up phase