HedgeServ is a hedge fund administration company that features a unique technology platform with one of the most experienced service teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides a service solution for front office, risk, valuations, middle office, fund accounting and fund administration that is customized to the needs of the individual hedge fund, fund of hedge funds and private equity funds. HedgeServ is located in Cork, Dublin, London, New York, Boston, Chicago, Cayman & our new European office in Krakow.
Fund Accounting - Vice President
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
A Fund Accounting Vice President is responsible for all aspects of the NAV calculation, reporting to the Fund Accounting Managing Director, they are required to provide leadership and strategic direction for assigned fund groups. The Fund Accounting Vice President contributes to the development and implementation of system, procedural and operational enhancements. They ensure the timely and accurate delivery of NAV calculations. They are key contacts for ad hoc client requests and issues. As a result a detailed understanding of the service requirements for Hedge Fund Administration is required.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
The below list is not finite and may be added to. The combination of tasks required to be executed will vary depending on both client structure, client requirements and business needs.
- Work as part of a team of managers, VP’s and managing directors, who have ongoing responsibility for developing all aspects of HedgeServ services.
- Provides leadership and strategic direction for assigned fund accounting groups.
- Participate in new client meetings, demonstrating HedgeServ software, discussing accounting and Nav issues and outlining HedgeServ’s solution to their needs with specific focus on fund structures and products traded.
- Efficiently manage multiple client relationships.
- Understand and be responsible for all aspects of NAV production including fee calculations, profit and loss allocations, accounting for complex financial instruments, documentation review and ad hoc client requests.
- Ensure the assigned fund accounting group operates within a clearly defined, documented and tested control environment.
- Participate in the continuous development and enhancement of work flows and procedures to reflect the changing control environment.
- Resolve exceptional problems and take on special projects or tasks as assigned.
- Responsible for fund accounting recruitment, training and performance evaluations.
- Resolve employee complaints in conjunction with HR and the MD group.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of financial and regulatory reports.
- Develop and maintain relationships between HedgeServ and client brokers, auditors and legal counsel.
- Responsible for new client conversion and initialization to the HedgeServ platform.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Investor Services, Quality Assurance, Client Servicing, Operations and Compliance departments within HedgeServ.
HedgeServ operates a client focused structure which provides a wide-range of experience to all levels of employee. As such Fund Accounting Vice President’s should be flexible and willing to adapt.
Fund Accounting Vice President’s should be capable of managing teams of up to 30 staff in total, servicing multiple clients with various requirements and deadlines.
Education - Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree.
- IT Literate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively either within a team structure or independently
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Good initiative with the ability to prioritize.
- Strong systems, product and process knowledge
- Reliable, flexible and dependable
- Ability to positively influence team morale
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Take ownership of designated tasks
- Act as a role model for HedgeServ
Work Experience - Minimum of 7 years’ experience working in a Hedge Fund Administration Firm at a senior level with at least 3 of those at Manager level. Alternative Hedge Fund experience may be considered.