General Accounting Manager
- Responsible for General Accounting activities/processes for designated countries:
- Accounting & Reporting – Independently applies and understands McC’s best practice financial reporting to meet the requirements of management, external authorities and the stakeholders of the Company
- Business Planning & Analysis – Without direction, assembles, analyzes, and presents information as part of the business planning and analysis process. Uses critical thinking to draw upon professional experiences, market and industry knowledge, data, intuition, and then applies in decision making and direction setting. Effective in completing, analyzing, interpreting and communicating modeling exercises
- Cash Planning & Understanding – Without direction, plans and manages cash incorporating cash flow statement, projection and discounting of cash flow (IRR, Discounted Payback), impact of fluctuating rates and interest rates
- Business/Operations – Analysis & Support - Without direction, creates, analyzes and interprets financial statements, reports, and variances/trends in data and communicates to more senior levels in management
- Team Management - Leads EMEA General Accounting team. Utilizes coaching and facilitation skills to manage employee relations. Provides regular performance feedback and oversees development/training plans for individuals within the team. Actively uses performance and development tools to document and facilitate improvement/recognition discussions. Rewards and recognizes performance achievements. Removes barriers that prevent the team from achieving goals. Ensure operational costs and staffing are in line with relevant budgetary controls
- Operational - continually monitor performance and seek out opportunities to drive cost reduction in the team. Solicit feedback on process delivery and customer service from business partners.Deliver service in line with agreed controls and procedures. Ensure compliance with global and local PnPs
- Collaborate with transition team to ensure the successful transfer of activities
- Degree or equivalent and PG/professional accounting qualification
- 8+ years proven experience of financial analysis, financial accounting or planning experience in a multi-country, multiple legal entity envt
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel and basic proficiency of Power Pt & Word required
- SAP/BW/TM1 experience is desirable
- Excellent analytical, communication and organization skills required
- Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of different financial and analytical techniques and the capability to plan own work and respect deadlines
- 2+ years team leadership required, ideally in a SSC environment
- 2+ years Project team experience, to include those that support finance initiatives with the business functions preferred
- Handling Complexity - Analyze / solve business problems with incomplete or ambiguous information
- Teamwork – effectively work across business functions
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 10,000 employees around the world and more than $4.2 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 24 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 110 countries. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers.
With approximately 4,500 employees, the company has operations in 13 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are located in Haddenham (UK).
McCormick entered the Polish market in 2011 with the acquisition of the Kamis business in Stefanowo. The company currently employs more than 900 people in Poland, this role will be based at our European Shared Services in Lodz. McCormick set up it's EMEA Shared Service centre in Lodz in 2014, currently employing more than 160 people.