private medical care
- Marii Konopnickiej 31, KrakówKraków, Lesser Poland
- Ważna jeszcze 25 dnido: 19 gru 2020
- contract of employment
- specialist (Mid / Regular)
General Ledger Accountants are accountable for ensuring that business transactions are properly accounted for and accurately reflect the company’s accounting process. General Ledger Accountants are the owners of the financial statements for each separate entity, as well as consolidated statements for the entire company. The General Ledger is the central core of accounting information system that provides a complete record of financial transactions over the life of the company.
Key responsibilities of our General Ledger Accountant include*:
• Balance sheet account reconciliations preparation and review
• Preparation and review of journal entries and accruals
• Preparation and review of Prepaid Amortization Schedules and monthly Amortization journal entries
• VAT/GST/HST reconciliations preparation and review
• US & EU entities tax package preparation and review
• Providing support for internal and external audits
• Performing financial statement reviews, analyze variances and initiate corrective actions
• Ensuring compliance with company policies, relevant accounting requirements, internal controls
• Cooperation with other teams within GBS and Regional Teams
• Preparation and review of employee benefit schedules
• Payroll Gross to Net tie-outs preparation
• Global payroll tax analysis preparation and review
• Fixed Assets Register – recording and resolving issues with additions, retirements, disposals; posting depreciation charges
• Preparation and review of quarterly fixed assets reporting information Implementation of new solutions and tools
* Responsibilities may vary depending on region/entity
• Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics, equivalent major or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of professional experience in general ledger
• English skills that allow to communicate well in everyday situations
• Experience with ERP accounting systems (Oracle R12 preferred)
• Good working knowledge of MS Excel
• Very good teamwork skills and positive, proactive attitude
• Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving mindset
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Practical knowledge and understanding of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and controls
• Experience with US Global Organization
• ACCA course (completed or in progress) or equivalent
What we offer
• International working environment and unique company culture with emphasis on individual career growth and work-life balance
• Friendly atmosphere and professional collaboration founded on diversity and inclusion in the workplace (e.g. employees’ organizations initiatives like Women’s Networks, Green Team, Toastmasters, sport activities)
• Full time employment contract with salary corresponding to qualifications
• Benefits package (e.g. private medical care, life insurance, Multisport card, car park sharing system, bicycle parking, fruits)
• Personal development opportunities, including but not limited to, a range of professional trainings and certifications (e.g. ACCA, CIMA), post-graduate studies, English lessons
• Flexible working hours and ability to work remotely based on business requirements
sharing the costs of foreign language classes
flexible working time
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
We have more than 1700 colleagues in Poland, supporting our business in all global regions. Our Global Delivery Center (GDC) engineers in Krakow and Warsaw office collaborate on the design and delivery of local and global projects in the fields of engineering, design and construction. Our Global Business Services (GBS) specialists provide global support and expertise in the fields of Accounting, Procurement, IT, HR and Graphic Design.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Jacobs is an ACCA Approved Employer!
The ACCA Approved Employer Programme recognises employers’ high standards of staff training and development. We have proved our organisation is committed to ensuring ACCA students, affiliates and members have the right skills, ethics and competences to add value and drive the business forward.