For over 35 years, we’ve been making history. Now, we’re creating the future.
Techs on the beach
On April 14, 1981, in Honolulu, Hawaii, William “Bill” Melton incorporated his new tech company. The original intention was to provide a recourse for retailers who’d been swindled by people handing out bad checks. Bill's product was a kind of verification device using phone lines—a verification phone.
But then a pivot. The credit card industry was relatively new at the time and processing was still being done with carbon paper. Bill saw a way to reduce costs for companies like Visa and MasterCard, while capitalizing on this new technology. Instead of verifying checks, we would provide local businesses a means to electronically process credit card payments. And thus, the Verifone payment device was born.
Now, Verifone is one of the world’s largest POS terminal vendors and a leading provider of payment and commerce solutions. We operate in more than 150 countries and employ nearly 6,000 people globally. Our steady growth has come organically, through a dedication to innovation and strategic partnerships, as well as from savvy acquisitions.
"We believe great work comes from incredible people. We’ve established a team with dedication to committed support and unmatched expertise. Whether it’s building significant client experiences or paving the way for the future breakthrough in payment technology, Verifone is a place where growing your career means making a global impact. Let’s shape the future of commerce together."
General Ledger Accountant
The General Ledger Accountant will be the part of the first core GL team in the Verifone Shared Services Center in Warsaw and will report to the General Accounting Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately and timely perform all month end closing activities in line with both US GAAP and internal accounting guidelines;
- Perform General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Inventory Accounting and Cost Controlling period end close activities;
- Prepare and post the accrual and corrective journal entries;
- Prepare monthly accounts reconciliations and documentation of all submitted financial data;
- Ensure that financial records are kept in accordance with US GAAP / Local GAAP requirements / SOX / Tax Compliance;
- Cooperate closely with AP, AR and Intercompany teams;
- Participate in Knowledge Transfer of GL processes during transition from local entity;
- Prepare process documentation: work instructions.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Solid knowledge of accounting processes and controls;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Technology skills including PC and Web-based applications, proficiency in using Oracle system will be an asset;
- Willingness to travel during the transition phase;
- Fluent English is a must.
- Challenging work with multinational environment with a dynamic team;
- Unique opportunity for professional growth;
- Contract of employment;
- Benefit package (medical care, life insurance, lunch vouchers, sport).