Geospatial Business Analyst (Evidence Lab)
As a Geospatial Business Analyst, you will be working in the field of geospatial analysis contributing to the research product of UBS's publishing industry analysts. In this role you will be part of the UBS Evidence Geospatial team, a team comprises of professionals with decades of combined experience in various fields within geospatial, financial, earth sciences, software engineering, and statistical analysis. Your core responsibility with be focused on data discovery, acquisition, creation and preparation of geospatial based data sets and analyses including satellite imagery analysis, hydrological modeling, market quality analysis, network optimization, climatology, local market economics, cell phone GPS data and much more.
Are you an analytic thinker? Do you know how to develop innovative solutions? We’re looking for someone like that whose main duties will include:
- designing and executing aspects of geospatial based projects - with a primary focus on remote sensing data - including delivery plans, dates and work execution,
- performing data discovery – finding and testing new data sources
- performing data cleansing and preparation; working with structure and unstructured data
- managing and executing projects, leveraging the developed technologies, curated data sets and team of data analysts
- conducting analysis techniques not limited to imagery analysis, propagation modeling, network optimization / graph analytics, cluster analysis, spatial statistics, hydrological, suitability modeling and general statistical analysis
- working with geospatial based data including though not limited to business rooftop and/or point of interest data, satellite imagery, pictometry and other aerial-based data, spatial files (both vector and raster based and others), climate data and other web-mined data sets
- working with and contributing to the development of an advanced GIS infrastructure including development of GIS based tools that can be leveraged more broadly across the organization
- working autonomously or with a team depending on project demands
- training and personal career development
- communication around progress and presentation of results
- client relationship managemen
You’ll be working in the UBS Research team in Zabierzow (Krakow Business Park). We are expanding our industry-leading primary research platform called Evidence Lab. At the heart of this organization is the ability to systematically harvest, cleanse, structure and analyze primary data using cutting edge techniques and tools to answer key investment questions concerning the companies, industries and markets that UBS covers. You can learn more about Evidence Lab here.
Your experience and skills
- 3-10 years of experience in a research/technical/data analytics role
- broad understanding of geospatial theories and technologies
- experience of remote sensing analysis and interpretation
- technical Skills: GIS (ESRI preferred); remote sensing software/techniques (ENVI preferred); SQL; Python; proficiency in Microsoft Office suite; computer logic; advanced mathematics;
- remote Sensing Skills (preferred): photogrammetry, image processing / interpretation, object oriented classification, orthorectification, point clouds, DTM / DEM processing, computer vision, multi-spectral analysis, SAR images processing, mensuration and other common RS techniques
- experience with a very wide array of data sets
- high degree of intellectual curiosity that leads to discovery of new or innovative data sources or analysis techniques
- ability to design a research project and lead / delegate responsibilities
- proven ability to execute around tight deadlines
- very good in written and spoken English; other language skills desirable
- an excellent communicator with strong attention to detail and ability to communicate ways to measure accuracy and efficiency
- a flexible, resilient team player with a positive attitude
- known for your can-do attitude when tackling daily tasks
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer talented people around the world a supportive, stimulating and diverse working environment. We’ll value your passion and commitment. And reward your performance.