GL Manager - new SSC
General Ledger Manager will take part in building new SSC structures in Warsaw. The successful candidate will assist in leading the team operationally under normal business conditions, ensuring that all transactional activities are carried out efficiently and effectively, delivering accurate first-time and on-time accounting information, within a robust control environment.
Our Client is a global professional services company. The firm is well established on the market, achieving high performance and offering great work environment within friendly atmosphere.
- Responsible and accountable for the day to day supervision of a team of up to 8 colleagues and all operational activities of the R2R function
- Continuously reviews and improves processes to achieve and maintain global standardisation
- Control the review of all balance sheet reconciliations within the team's remit and assist with the expectation reporting and perform quality checks
- Delegate, review, approve, and on occasion, may prepare requests for ad hoc analysis of various types of financial information
- Ensure all month-end, quarterly and yearly tasks deliverable are met and controlled
- Ensure that developed KPIs and SLAs are continuously met and adhered to
- Assist with auditors and audit requirements and SOX testing
- Assist in developing a robust management structures within the R2R wider team to cover accountabilities with appropriate succession and growth plans, through hiring, developing and mentoring colleagues
- Provide and display effective and outstanding communication skills to inspiration colleague development that delivers results and motivation for the team
- Monitor and ensure continuous training of all staff through application of recognised training tools e.g. Six Sigma, Lean or internally developed tools
- Communicate and manage identified stakeholders effectively around operational activities both on/offshore and change related matters, building strong and lasting relationships both internally and externally
- Undergraduate or more advanced degree in finance, accounting, or economics or recognised Accounting qualification e.g. ACCA
- 3 - 5 years' experience within a large Shared Service environment or Finance management with proven operational improvement capabilities
- Proven team leader experience
- Strong communicator, proficient in English language (spoken and written)
- Working knowledge of ERP Accounting systems e.g. Oracle Financial
Our Client offers competitive salary, very attractive benefit package and convenient location in Warsaw City Centre.
About Michael Page
Michael Page is a leading professional recruitment consultancy specialising in the recruitment of permanent, contract and temporary positions on behalf of the world’s top employers.
Michael Page is a part of the PageGroup, which operates through 164 offices in 34 countries worldwide. First established in London in 1976, we’ve been bringing job seekers and employers together for more than 35 years.
Find out more about Michael Page