Global Commodity Manager - steel (m/f)
- Perfect opportunity for highly experienced Commodity Buyers with previous international experience in the range of steel components.
- Global position based in Opole (+ home office) - very prestigious role of the only Global Commodity Manager responsible for steel, welded parts
- Required: several years of experience in the range of mentioned commodity + very good English skills + readiness to travel (approximately 50% of working time)
Leading global manufacturer; a well-known partner in many industries, including transportation, energy, oil and gas, as well as sugar, food and beverage and theHVAC and refrigeration technology sector.
Despite its global character, the Global Commodity Manager will be based and will work inOpole and, partially, remotely.
- Define, implement, and communicate a strategy for his/her Global Commodity with the support of local Commodity Buyers.
- Develop a competitive & worldwide Supplier panel considering a Total Cost of Ownership approach (including Price, Delivery, Quality, Service & Innovation)
- Source & qualify new suppliers in coordination with the local Procurement organizations
- Measure and report the performance of his/her suppliers with the support of the local Procurement organizations
- Negotiate Frame Agreements, Price Lists, including delivery and payment terms, quality requirements, warranty bonds, … and share within the organization
- Initiate & ensure the most competitive solutions (Industrial scheme, Cost, Leadtime, Suppliers list) at tendering and project execution stage
- Support the local Procurement organizations during project execution
- Drive cost reduction, standardization action plans across functions like engineering, manufacturing, and with the innovation support from the suppliers
- Propose all required tools to the CPO for managing his/her commodity and work efficiently with local entities.
- educational background: Master in Purchasing, Business Administration or equivalent
min. 5 years of experience in an international matrix organization; at least 3 years working experience as Commodity Manager (acting preferably worldwide, or at least in whole Europe in similar commodity)
fluency in English (min. B2 level); German language is also an advantage
ability to travel abroad (business trips to suppliers)
- good command of MS Office products
ability to read 2D/3D drawings, knowledge of welding process will be an advantage
- strong interpersonal skills, negotiation skills, as well as: risk management, ability to make decision (even in emergency), convincing and influencing, shaping & driving change
- following skills: interpersonal skills, risk management, ability to make decision (even in emergency), convincing and influencing, shaping & driving change
- highly attractive salary & benefits package (including health insurance, Multisport, annual bonus)
- great development opportunities (due to international environment and global position - creating the whole commodity strategy)