International Paper’s Global Business Services Center in Kraków (IPGBSC) is an established and expanding entity, delivering a variety of advanced, value-added services within the world’s most respected packaging and paper company. We co-operate with International Paper offices and manufacturing sites all over the world - North and Latin America, the EMEA region (Europe, Middle East, Africa and Russia) and Asia. International Paper GBSC is a great place to work and grow for employees educated and specialized in various fields. Discover our infinite possibilities! International Paper GBSC is currently seeking exceptional candidates to join the team as:
Global Financial Services Accountant
Italian or French Speaker
You will support the local Finance Teams of the respective entities in conducting General Ledger activities and Month End close activities. The role would also provide exposure to Senior Management and opportunities to interact with all other finance related departments, both centrally and in the local teams.
This role is ideal for an accountant with strong theoretical knowledge and practical experience, it offers a solid foundation in General Ledger and Management Accounting commensurate with pursuing a formal accounting qualification.
The role gives great opportunity to develop knowledge and practical skills on a path to senior position in finance (e.g. Senior Accountant, Controller).
It should interest any accountant with enthusiasm and a strong work ethic, willing to work within a team and grow in a new department servicing the packaging and papers business. Will give opportunity to contribute to many financial projects (e.g. implementation of new financial tools, process standardization within EMEA) and developing project and change management skills.
- Conduct monthly and month end close GL activities accurately and timely
- Contribute in preparation of Balance Sheet Account reconciliations
- Ongoing communicate with controllers about solutions related to the Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place for all processes under the responsibility of the team. Co-ordinate with internal and external auditors as required
- Be a part of the plant finance team through site visits, regular communication, projects and ad hoc analysis
- Support our business locations by providing information for local business analysis and also support the local teams with analysis on business performance and projects as required
- Contribute in the design and implementation of process optimization and standardization,
- Support the balance sheet reconciliation review
- 2-4 years of professional experience in the area of accounting (good understanding of AP/AR or GL processes)
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred, ideally ready to commence professional qualifications (ACCA, CIMA or similar)
- US GAAP experience is preferred
- Manufacturing background preferred
- Good knowledge of MS Excel, and other MS Office tools and applications. SAP, AS400 or Witron experience would be beneficial
- Very good English skills
- Very good Italian or French – is a must
- Ability to work as part of a team is essential, as well as the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a rapidly changing environment with rigid deadlines
- Ability to accomplish results by acting with the utmost integrity and honesty and executing responsibly