What if you were given the opportunity to make a difference? It`s time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities! This is your opportunity to be a part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history while creating future success. We are an established and expanding Global Business Services Center in Krakow. Thanks to our engaged employees and operational excellence we provide advanced services in the areas of Finance, IT, Global Sourcing, Supply Chain and Global Customer Service. You have the opportunity to contribute your unique talents as you develop a rewarding career and learn from experts in our diverse and international work environment.
Global Financial Services - GL Senior Accountant French Speaker
Location - Krakow
The role is supporting the Finance Teams of the respective entities in conducting a broad array of their accounting processes, including the month end close and other GL activities.
You will become a member of a dynamic and multi-cultural team whose tasks cover the area of general accounting. You will also be exposed to cross-departmental collaboration in a quickly evolving environment. That is why, as a Global Financial Services Senior Accountant Senior Accountant, you will have an opportunity to embrace a wide area of business operations, expand practical financial knowledge and strengthen analytical skills. The role gives a great opportunity to develop knowledge and practical skills on a career path to senior positions in finance. Being a part of an insourcing center, you will be able to have an impact on how things are done.
- Execute the month-end, quarter-end and the year-end close activities
- Make calculations, do preparation and posting of journal entries
- Do the reconciliation of balance sheets accounts including follow-ups with local finance teams and business partners
- Be a part of a local finance team and maintain regular communication with key stakeholders
- Participate in various financial projects and provide ad hoc analysis
- Support Finance Directors and Finance Controllers on daily basis in identifying, defining and implementing process improvements and processes standardization
- Support audit in relation to general accounting and ensure appropriate controls are in place
- Develop and implement standard accounting solutions according to Six Sigma and Lean methodology
- Play an active role in implementing new financial solutions and tools
- Act as a cross-departmental point of contact for management, business analyst, local finance teams and business partners
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent, with an ambition to develop a career in Accounting and Finance area
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the area of accounting (good understanding of AP/AR or GL processes)
- Good understanding of finance and accounting principles
- US GAAP / French GAAP experience(a plus)
- Good knowledge of MS Excel, and other MS Office applications. SAP experience would be an advantage
- Fluency in French
- Good level of English
- Ability to accomplish results by acting with the utmost integrity and executing responsibly
- Ability to work as part of a team