sharing the costs of sports activities
- Valid for 23 daysuntil: 12 Feb 2021
- Remote recruitment
- Remote work
- contract of employment, B2B contract
Context on the role:
Booksy is the leading beauty marketplace for finding, scheduling and managing appointments (with over $1.3bn annualized GMV run-rate and over 8 million bookings per month worldwide), anchored by a SaaS app for business management.
We are headquartered in the United States and have around 450 employees based in offices across 6 countries (US, PL, UK, BR, ES, ZA).
Booksy has been experiencing rapid growth and this momentum is on track to continue into the future.
In anticipation of increasing scale and complexity of the business, we have launched a number of system and process improvement initiatives (e.g. implemented Salesforce CRM or revamped our billing platform) to start creating a strong foundation for supporting the growth in the future.
We are now looking for a Global Operations Director (reporting to the Chief Operating Officer) who will be responsible for creating a world-class process and systems architecture that will enable effective and efficient sales, customer success and back office operations as we continue to expand and grow globally.
What will be expected from you:
● Defining long-term vision, priorities and implementation roadmap for creating a robust global system and process backbone that strikes a balance between global scalability of processes and flexibility required to address local market needs
● Prioritizing different initiatives based on understanding of opportunities, challenges and requirements specific to different markets as defined by Country Managers and country Operations teams
● Defining technical implications and timelines for different implementation options in close collaboration with the Technology/Systems team
● Implementing initiatives and process improvements in line with the roadmap through supporting and coaching the Global Operations team members in their projects, engaging key stakeholders across the organization and working with external vendors
● Identifying and anticipating operating risks for the business and taking proactive measures to mitigate them
● Leading the Global Operations team to ensure development of individual team members, enhancing their ability to deliver projects, promoting attitudes and behaviors consistent with Booksy values
● Supporting Operations teams at country level in identifying and delivering operational improvements within local processes and stimulating best practice sharing across countries
Over 8 years of professional experience in a mix of process and system design, process improvement, project management, analytical and consulting roles (ideally including experience in a fast-growth international business environment e.g. SaaS, marketplace or other technology business)
Ability to develop a vision and implementation roadmap for process architecture aligned with the business strategy and taking into account the challenges associated with increasing scale and complexity of the business
Ability to exercise business judgement to focus on initiatives with the highest impact
Proactive and pragmatic approach with a focus on getting things done
Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
Strong project management skills with the ability to provide guidance and coaching to team members across multiple projects
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to adjust the style and message to the audience across various roles, functions and countries
Strong people management skills with the ability to keep the team motivated and develop their skills
What we offer
Being part of a rapidly growing international business on track to become a unicorn and the largest online marketplace for beauty services globally
Working closely with other teams in a highly collaborative international environment
Support in the development of your skills and opportunities for professional growth within the company
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP) to participate in the future growth of the company value
private medical care
sharing the costs of foreign language classes
remote work opportunities
flexible working time
Booksy International Sp. z o.o.
Booksy is the leading beauty marketplace for finding, scheduling and managing appointments (with over $1.3bn annualized GMV run-rate and over 8 million bookings per month worldwide), anchored by a SaaS app for business management. The company is headquartered in the United States and has around 450 employees based in offices across 6 countries.
Booksy raised $49m in VC funding to date with investors including Piton Capital, Enern, Industry Ventures, XG Ventures, OpenOcean, Manta Ray, Inovo and Zach Coelius. We also partnered with major tech brands including Facebook, Instagram, Google and Yelp to ensure seamless booking experience directly on their platforms. Booksy is also among only three providers globally integrated in the Appointments on Facebook scheduling tool. We have been successfully delivering on the customer-first promise, with over 65% of merchants likely to recommend Booksy to a friend or colleague. Our leadership team commands a mix of track-record at highly successful startups (iTaxi, Eo Networks, Docplanner) as well as experience from leading blue-chip and consulting companies (Google, Airbnb, Uber, eBay, Groupon, Wonga, McKinsey, Kearney, PwC, EY).