Global Source to Contract Specialist
To support the Global Category Teams in the end-to-end Source to Contract process (including preparing and running the sourcing event with a responsibility of business sign-off of the supplier selection, negotiations/renegotiations of terms&conditions and clauses and gathering contract signatures and contracts storage). The Procurement Expert will work primarily with the category teams to support the day to day activities of the Category Manager.
Typical Accountabilities, Experience & Behaviors
Responsible for supporting Global Category teams in the Source to Contract process:
- Supporting market research activities by issuing RFI,
- Managing sourcing projects (incl. issue of RFP, RFQ)
- Conducting e-auctions
- Analyse received proposals, make recommendations for supplier selection, preparation of the summary reports
- Supporting Global category leaders with developing Sourcing strategy to deliver category targets and savings targets
- Driving simplification & standardization of the sourcing processes
- Enhancing relations with Global Category Leaders and business stakeholders
- Ensuring compliance to company procurement policies and improve the usage of the procurement tools
- Contract renewals and new contracts creation – negotiations/renegotiations of the T&C’s and contract clauses
- Contracts administration – gathering signatures and contract storage in the system
- Actively participating in the Source to Contract process improvement and optimization (process steps, internal ways of working, legal support model, documents and templates etc.)
- High standards in cooperation with business stakeholders, ability to connect and build strong relationship with stakeholders across the globe (matrix organization)
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
· University degree required
- At least 3-4 years of the work experience in the procurement department or supply chain (preferably in the organisation with a big or mature procurement organisation)
- Experience in managing stakeholders across the globe within the matrix organization
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Problem solving / continuous improvement approach
- “Can do attitude”
- Microsoft Office literacy
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) with the ability to present information in a clear and concise format to all levels within the organization
- Ability to engage fast with the stakeholders on different level in the organization
- Strong relationship and business partnering skills
- Effective influencing/persuasion skills and conflict resolution
- Project management skills (driving the procurement process by designing, implementing and managing projects to a successful conclusion)
- Focus on result with the ability and drive for achieving and surpassing targets against an internal or external standards of excellence
- Flexibility and fast adaptation to changing environment
- Time management (timely decisions to create real savings or cost avoidance) and prioritization (the ability to place urgency on varying demands)
- Strong team player able to collaborate with stakeholders from different cultures.
- Proficient presentation skills: knows and applies best practises, able to choose presentation method and adjust the content to the audience. Shapes the message that gets through to the audience. Communicates clearly, successfully and in an attractive manner.
- Uses appropriate style for different types of writing (take notes of a conversation, write the minutes of a formal meeting, or prepare a report).
- Communicates eloquently/freely with wide variety of people (including senior stakeholders). Confident speaker - is able to advise team members and present to senior stakeholders.
- Excellent English communications skills (verbal and written)
- Polish is not a must
- Additional language would be a benefit but not a must (due to the future support for the in-market Procurement Teams)
- Experience with E2E Source to Contract process
- Knowledge and effective use of negotiation techniques and tools (including eSourcing, Ariba)
- Wide experience in negotiating commercial terms and contract clauses
On-job skills and knowledge:
- Contract management:
- Has the Contracting knowledge to fluently drive Contracting process, including advising on the right template or contracting approach.
- Is able to independently run complex contracting projects, including driving in suppliers negotiations process.
- Identifies and mitigates risks in S2C process
- Knows and applies Procurement Processes and Tools in a daily work
- Knows and advises Stakeholders about Sourcing events and Contracts types
- Is able to drive E2E S2C process independently, including identifying and mitigating the related risks. Shares expertise with procurement and business.
- Takes ownership of the on-boarding of a colleague.
- Has wide category knowledge on the appropriate level to independently drive the S2C process.
- Understands the category/SET area specifics, business needs and priorities and applies them to the work.
- Is able to influence stakeholders.
- Demonstrates understanding of the areas and rules which govern functioning of the organization.
- Knows AZ structure and market position.
- Acknowledges and acts in line with AZ values and Code of Ethics.
- Actively uses the opportunities to work across the teams.
- Sees the bigger picture of the processes that she/he is involved in.
- Demonstrates contribution to procurement scorecard.
- Acts as an ambassador of OGPS.
- Represents and presents OGPS on wide forum of senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrates close cooperation with OE and provides insightful input on future cooperation and strategy
- Leads cross team projects.
- Co-creates the processes that she/he is involved in.
Key Relationships to reach solutions
Internal (to AZ or team)
- GPS Analytics, GPS Cat. Man., GPS SRM
- Global Category Teams
- AstraZeneca business stakeholders
External (to AZ)
- Suppliers and service providers
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.