Head of Application Security will lead a small team (5-8) of employees across Nordics and Poland to take on a role in building and developing Application Security Team.
Head of Application Security
Workplace: Warszawa, Gdynia
The position we offer
We are offering the opportunity to join the team of highly experienced and skilled people working in Gdynia or Warsaw. The role will provide an ability to break down IT security Strategy the strategy into short and mid term targets and plans for your team. You communicate clearly and effectively to the unit about the goals and the strategic and tactical plans. You are responsible for driving the establishment of the new application security team. To drive performance within your area of responsibility and a high degree of proactivity is required (tools, processes and culture) measured by high availability, resiliency and high cost efficiency. To succeed in this journey you need to build the capabilities of the new unit on the recriuted people, designed processes and tools. You need to partner with other units across IT in the bank and being able to operate fluidly in highly complex, matrix organizations. You design and implement operational plans and set targets for the team as well as for each employee. You ensure that your employees understand how their targets and plans are linked to the strategy and you will also keep your team well informed.It is important that you have the ability to translate data security topics into business language and vice versa. As such, you have a pragmatic approach to problem solving as well as analytical skills and strong communication and stakeholder management skills. Knowledge of Change management, project management, application devlopment and maitanace will suport you with the tasks performed.
You will report to Head of Application and Data Security in Technology Information Security Office (TISO).
By joining the Nordea team you will gain
- Opportunity to participate in ambitious international IT projects.
- Full Time position based on an employment contract.
- Comprehensive training program to prepare for this position.
- Work based on international standards using state-of-the-art tools.
- Possibility to participate in training programs enhancing your qualifications.
- An incentive package that includes a medical services package for you and your family, a sports card, catering and cinema tickets funding, a possibility to join a corporate life insurance scheme.
- Access to Employee Pension Scheme.
The qualifications you need
You have documented experience from IT or IT Security in various leadership positions as well as experience from application and software development projects and programs, development methods, DevOps, agile. You have proven leadership and change leadership experience from IT areas. You have superior people management skills and knowledge of value based leadership and cross-border leadership experience. You have an excellent business orientation and are able to challenge your surroundings with focus on achieving efficiency and professional security levels at the core of application security activities.
To summarise we expect that you have:
- Team Leading experience with proven track record in building and developing teams
- Experience in leading IT teams in a complex IT environment
- Strong ability to perform even under high pressure
- Proven track record from leading and building change and restructuring initiatives
- Documented ability to work and lead cross-border with different cultures
- Results in driving improvements in application security
- Experience from project management, digitalisation, application development and cloud initiatives
- Strong communication skills as a leader
- Strong strategic and analytic skills combined with an ability to proactively translate strategic direction into concrete actions and plans
- Ability to identify risks and drive compliance
As we are a truly international organisation, we expect you to be able to speak and write English. You will be working out of one of our offices in in Poland: Gdynia or Warsaw. Ability to ocassional travel is expected.
More information and send application
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: "I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)".
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications