sharing the costs of sports activities
Head of Section - Payroll & Compensation
- offer expired 8 days ago
- contract of employment
- manager / supervisor
- Immediate employment
- remote recruitment
We are looking for an experienced professional for the role of Head of Section - Payroll & Compensation
In this role you will be responsible for leading a team of payroll & compensation specialists providing the service for various European countries. In addition, you will support the global DNV compensation processes and provide complex analytical services to the DNV Organization, including senior management. To succeed in this role, you will provide leadership, direction and prioritization to your team through two team leaders reporting to you. You need good people management skills, a customer centric mindset and the willingness to go the extra mile to contribute to the success of DNV.
In your role you will:
• Provide direction and prioritization to the team, creating an atmosphere of motivation and passion
• Build and coach the team to provide consistent high-quality services and be able to support the team operationally, if needed
• Be responsible for monitoring the quality, compliance, efficiency and effectiveness of the processes
• Stay updated on market trends and situations relevant to payroll and compensation services and continuously develop the service
• Establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship with HR Advisors in various European countries, senior managers in the business areas and other stakeholders in Finance and Group
• Be responsible for the entire payroll process incl. managing third parties (e.g. gross to net calculation), reconciliation and payroll sign-off for respective countries
• Assemble and continuously develop market insights in the relevant businesses
• Interpret benchmark data in relation to the DNV GL business needs
• Coordinate the annual compensation processes within the team and in alignment with Group HR and other Regions globally
• Lead ad-hoc and annual compensation review discussions with Group and senior business managers
• Understand legal compensation rules of various countries when providing the service
Be passionate about the compensation and payroll topics
Master’s degree required in related field (Human Resources or Finance related academic credentials preferred; relevant professional experience in lieu of an advanced degree considered)
Minimum 5 years of leadership/management experience preferred; prior experience in a shared services environment helpful
Demonstrable experience in a international organization involving substantial change and change management highly preferred
Demonstrable ability to lead teams, preferably in the shared service organization- excellent people management skills, including coaching and mentoring
Demonstrable experience in building and maintaining professional partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
Highly sophisticated communication style to be able to discuss sensitive topics like compensation with Regional business leaders, some of whom may be located remotely
Ability to develop and implement new ideas or ways of working and adapt to change- An eye for innovation trends and digital solutions
Demonstrable experience of payroll and/ or compensation processes, statistics and benchmark data
Ability to understand and translate business questions into analytics projects
Highly developed problem-solving skills including the ability to resolve issues impacting different interconnected systems (Oracle and different local payroll systems knowledge will be an advantage)
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel) required
Experience in project management, and leadership
What we offer
Scandinavian working style emphasis on trust and empowerment.
Great atmosphere of working together in a team professionals.
Competence development and possibility to participate in global projects.
private medical care
sharing the costs of foreign language classes
corporate sports team
mobile phone available for private use
computer available for private use
retirement pension plan
coffee / tea
employee referral program
33 days of sick leave fully paid by employer
attractive and modern office with ergonomic equipment
What do you value the most?
Since 1864, our Purpose has been to safeguard life, property and the environment. Our Vision is to be a trusted voice to tackle global transformations. Our Values are beliefs that shape our performance:
We care for each other, our customers, our planet, and we take care of ourselves.
We dare to explore, to experiment, to be different, and to be courageous, curious and creative.
We share our experience and knowledge. We collaborate with each other and our customers, and we continue to grow and develop as a result.
We are the independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence. As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.
We are the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We deliver world-renowned testing, certification and technical advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables, oil and gas, and energy management. We are one of the world’s leading certification bodies, helping businesses assure the performance of their organizations, products, people, facilities and supply chains.
We are also a world-leading provider of digital solutions for managing risk and improving safety and asset performance for ships, pipelines, processing plants, offshore structures, electric grids, smart cities and more. Our open industry assurance platform Veracity, cyber security and software solutions support business-critical activities across many industries, including maritime, energy and healthcare.