Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
Health & Safety Manager SBO Kraków
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
nr ref.: 56256BR
- Actively promoting of HSSE culture by implementing HSSE projects and organising awareness actions
- Participating in HSE workplace inspections, behavioural-based observations, and management system audits to assist line management in identifying non-conformities and deficiencies related to the HSSE aspects of work activities.
- Developing yearly analyses on HSSE conditions and contributing to company’s development plans by recommending HSSE improvements in the existing or new work processes, including ergonomics design.
- Actively participating in the technical and resource planning of company’s new projects, especially regarding modernisations and investments.
- Participation in the hand-over process of new facilities where workspace is planned.
- Participation in developing of HSSE regulations, instructions and job descriptions, especially for managerial positions.
- Approving of work instructions.
- Advising on safe and healthy work methods especially on the positions where harmful factors have been identified
- Participating in HSSE hazard identification and risk analysis process. Maintaining and updating of HSSE risks analyses.
- Informing the employer about the identified hazards and actions towards mitigating or/and eliminating the risks.
- Participation in incident and occupational illnesses investigations and in developing of corrective action plans.
- Maintaining of incident and occupational illness registers.
- Cooperation with internal and external parties, including an occupational health specialist, Labour Inspection and an accredited laboratory to ensure:
- appropriate HSSE trainings and medical check-ups
- harmful factors measurements
- improvements of working conditions
- Participation in the HSSE Committee meetings.
- Conducting induction HSSE trainings
- Ensuring proper awareness, trainings and preparedness of Fire Wardens and First Aiders
- Cooperating with Asset Protection Manager and security services in ensuring a proper level of emergency preparedness of the company
- Ensuring compliance with the group incident reporting process and other HSSE data management
- Cooperating with Shell HSSE global network for group HSSE Management System implementation, projects and experience sharing.
- Implementation of Corporate Social Responsibility projects to ensure that Shell Social Performance is appropriately managed.
- Managing the area of HSSE, where good persuasive skills are required to achieve compliance with the requirements.
- Maintaining good cooperation with various stakeholders (leadership team including managers in senior positions, managers, employees) to ensure high engagement.
- Leading global projects within virtual teams e.g. standardisation of HSSE induction training, evacuation procedures, HSSE video briefing
1. Staff (direct reports)- 3-4 direct report,managing employees with no direct line responsibilities for business purposes/projects like: Fire Wardens and First Aiders – 120 employees; Be-well Ambassadors – 20 employees; HSSE Focal points – 20 employees; CSR – 40 employees
2. Other: over 2800 employees in scope in 4 buildings, projects costs and responsibilities; e.g. Be-well programme, CSR projects, HSSE awareness actions)
- At least 8 years experience in HSSE (legal requirement)
- Polish health and safety regulations
- Skill in practical implementation of HSSE requirements (legal and corporate)
- Stakeholders' and Contractors’ management
- Fluent English
- University degree and postgraduate studies in HSSE
- HSSE Lead, Prepare and Apply competences
- End-to-end projects management
- Trainings and presentation
- HSSE risk management
- Integrating HSSE requirements into planning and procedures
- Implementation and monitoring of HSSE requirements
- Emergency response planning and preparedness
- Managing health risks
- Managing personal safety risks
- Implementing of Contractor HSSE&SP management
- Managing driver safety
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects
Find out more
People with disabilities are welcome
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.