AstraZeneca is an exciting global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical company. We’re inspired by what science can do. Driven by the desire to meet unmet patient needs in our core therapeutic areas. Bold in our thinking. Proactive in pursuing discoveries beyond imagination. At sites across the world, we bring teams together in a spirit of collaboration to turn great ideas into life-changing medicines – strengthening our product portfolio and harnessing the potential of a pipeline across all stages of the drug development process. You’ll be part of a team that’s rolling back the frontiers of science to turn yesterday’s impossible into the normal of tomorrow. So, if you share our focus and passion, join us and make a difference to patients – and in return, we’ll help you develop way beyond what you thought possible.
HR Administration and Recruitment Specialist
Working as a key member of the HR Services Team based in Regional Human Resources (HR) Centre, we are looking for a customer service oriented specialist to provide support to our regional HR professionals and customers across our core workforce administration and recruitment activities.
You will utilise our suite of core and enabling HR technology (Workday, ServiceNow case management, telephony, etc.) to execute a range of activities, directly contacting customers and HR professionals when needed to solve more complex problems. Our Regional HR Centre teams will work together with key HR and IT stakeholders around the world to identify and implement process and technology improvements to our way of working in HR and our interactions with customers.
Candidate Focus & Challenge
- Manage employee personal data, validating any personal data changes with appropriate sign off procedure and validating any documentation required
- Process changes to organisation units in Workday, identifying the need to create/delimit/change an organisation unit resulting from other transactions and administering the changes to the new structure
- Support position management within Workday, creating, editing and ending appointments and positions, ensuring the requestor is notified of the action and the employee is informed
- Manage Workday job change processes and required documentation resulting from promotions, demotions, lateral transfers, fixed term contract extension, etc.
- Work with in-country HR to manage transfers to affiliates, generating contract documentation and supporting manual payroll and benefits activities, as appropriate
- Manage employment verification to confirm employee details to 3rd parties on request, generating approvals and producing verification statement
- Support managers with probation period administration and documentation, and manage required transactions resulting from a new hire no-show
- Schedule job interviews with candidates, manage all calendars updated and coordinate all interview logistics
- Create job contracts, offer letters and other documentation required for hire
- Manage candidates communication including candidates rejections
- Use the HR knowledge base and internal work instructions to ensure that processes are executed correctly and customer guidance is provided in an effective and consistent manner
- Perform data quality checks on employee data in Workday, manage the list of errors, discover data gaps and liaise with Employee/Manager or Local HR to correct data when applicable
- Support in-country HR teams with completion of time/leave corrections within the system and generation/distribution of electronic payslips as required (TBC)
- Work with Talent Acquisition teams to execute new hire data entry processes, including externally managed resource data entry/tracking requirements as appropriate
- Look for opportunities to improve process execution and technology usage, working with WFA Global Process Owner (GPO) to prioritise and implement improvements
- Support expanded provision of HR Services from offshore teams by building customer trust in the Regional HR Centre’s ability to deliver and supporting the incorporation of new services and countries/customers
Candidate Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience supporting HR processes and transactions, ideally in Workday
- Keen attention to detail and focus on data accuracy
- Understanding of common HR and service centre enabling technologies – e.g. case management, telephony and online user portals
- Able to communicate fluently in English
- Additional language skills desired but not required – German, Spanish, French and Italian
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing tasks efficiently and prioritise workload within a matrixed team environment
- Enjoys working as part of a lively and hard-working team, performing together under pressure to meet monthly payroll deadlines
- Experience in Microsoft applications
- Highly developed communications, organisation and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work with confidential data
- Experience of delivering against Service Level agreements, including working with third party providers to meet work deadlines
- Ability to think analytically and effectively problem solve using creative solutions
- Previous experience with payroll management is desirable but not essential
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.