- Ogłoszenie wygasło miesiąc temu
- Specjalista (Mid / Regular)
Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT) / Enterprise Application Centre-Bangkok (EAC-Asia)
In 2014 EAC-Asia was established to serve as Asia-Pacific hub to build enterprise applications for the United Nations Secretariat. The staff being located both in New York and Bangkok, EAC-Asia oversees the development and maintenance of enterprise applications such as iNeed Customer Relationship Management system (iNeed), Electronic Fuel Management System 2 (eFMS-2), Electronic Contingency-Owned Equipment (eCOE), and Electronic Rations Management System (eRMS) among others.
Core enterprise application solutions have been built upon Siebel CRM public sector, Oracle-based identity management systems, JEE Spring Framework, PeopleSoft, SAP, Tableau, and Android/iPhone mobile platforms.
This is a position in UNOPS for supporting projects carried out for the United Nations Secretariat and located in the United Nations Enterprise Application Centre- Asia (EAC – Asia). The incumbent of this position will be a consultant of UNOPS under its full responsibility.
The position is located in Bangkok, Thailand. With the direction of the Senior Project Manager the incumbent is expected to undertake the following duties:
- Configure and maintain Tableau Server Software Layer
- System Administration (includes site creation, server Maintenance/Upgrades/patches).
- Monitor server activity/usage statistics to identify possible performance issues/enhancements
- Create/Manage Groups, Workbooks and Projects, Database Views, Data Sources, and Data Connections.
- Assist in the identification and migration of data sources to Tableau Server.
- Design dashboards in Tableau for the iLearn-LMS, EFMS and ERMS systems.
- Develop web service integrations between the various data sources for the Tableau system.
- Perform any upgrades as required between the Tableau desktop versions and the Tableau server
- Publish and Perform migrations as an when required to the Tableau server
- Develop terms of reference documentation for team members.
- Develop seamless data integration across various UN agencies using FTP and SFTP secure connection
- Automate using batch process to take the backup of logs, files and sites
- Co-ordinate with various infrastructure and network team to setup/maintain/resolve network, firewall and data connectivity issues
- Develop and document standards/best practices for the development and administration of the Tableau platform.
Monitoring and Progress Controls - Impact of Results:
- Timely resolution of issues with high rate of business clients’ satisfaction.
- On time delivery of high-quality software with less defects introduced in the production environment.
- Timely delivery of properly configured modules aligned with the specifications, quality, and deadlines.
- Provision and updates of quality assurance standard operating manual.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics, business administration or related field is required. An advanced degree in the related field is desirable.
- Minimum 4 years of progressively responsible experience in Tableau platform is required for a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant fields. A Master’s degree may substitute for some of the required years of experience.
- Additional experience in reporting and ETL is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of UN application architecture, integration with UN standard platform is desirable.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Knowledge of another United Nations official language is an advantage.
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Background Information: Sustainable Development Cluster(SDC)
Based in New York, the Sustainable Development Cluster (SDC) supports diverse partners with their peacebuilding, humanitarian and development operations. The SDC’s services include grants management, development and special initiatives support, and technology support to the UN and UN agencies.
The SDC is part of the New York Service Cluster that supports the United Nations Secretariat, as well as a broadening community of other New York-based United Nations organizations, bilateral and multilateral partners in the delivery of UNOPS mandate in project management, infrastructure management, and procurement management.