In HEINEKEN Kraków (HEINEKEN Global Shared Services) our success absolutely depends on the great people who work with us. We are looking for Finance & Accounting professionals, ready to „WOW” the world by expertise, passion and pride to be green. Our employees can develop in the following areas: Purchase to Pay, Order to Cash, Record to Report, Business Performance Management, Accounting, Reporting & Consolidation, Support functions.
HEINEKEN is a proud independent global brewer, committed to surprise and excite consumers with its brands and products everywhere. The brand that bears the founder's family name - Heineken® - is available in almost every country around the globe and is the world's most valuable international premium beer brand. Our company is present in over 70 countries, operates more than 160 breweries and markets more than 250 brands.
IFRS 16 Specialist
On January 1st 2019, the new IFRS accounting standard for Leasing, IFRS16, went live with 59 Operating Companies within HEINEKEN worldwide. This new standard requires nearly all lease contracts (Land, Property, Pubs, Trucks & cars, IT equipment, etc.) to be recognized on the balance sheet of Heineken resulting in a significant change of Heineken's balance sheet and income statement.
A project has been running since October 2016 to ensure that Heineken complies with IFRS16, via the implementation of a new accounting Policy and a tool (PLANON) to maintain lease contract data and manage lease accounting in ERPs.
After the project closure, in Business As Usual a Team of IFRS16 Specialists will continue to support the Operating companies with IFRS16 Centre of competence (CoC). The main responsibilities of the project specialists will be to perform mass contract and master data upload, reply questions raised by local team (PLANON usage, basic lease accounting), manage incidents in cooperation with third party, upload FX rates and discount rates in the tool, support reporting and data cleansing, support regular testing of new release of the IFRS16 tool, support business to deploy IFRS16 solution, maintain process documentation.
Your responsibilities would include:
- As a super user on the IFRS16 solution, reply questions about IFRS16 tool usage raised by local teams. Investigate and liaise with required stakeholders to proactively get new questions replied and challenges resolved on time
- Perform Mass upload and update of contracts (>20 contracts) in IFRS16 tool for most of the operating companies
- Perform Mass upload of master data (vendors, customers, various cost elements) for operating companies
- Support for Lease accounting question
- Support incident resolution
- Manage group master data such as upload of FX rates and discount rates
- Connect with the relevant teams to resolve interface related issues
- Support reporting and data cleansing
- Support regular testing of the new PLANON releases
- Support OpCo to deploy PLANON (when applicable)
- Create and maintain process documentation
- Identify and raise any risks as early as possible and propose mitigation in order to avoid issues
You are The Candidate if:
Must have (all levels):
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Strong accounting experience in order to analyze implications of postings on Balance Sheet and on Profit & Loss
- Excellent communication skills in order to liaise with stakeholders in efficient way to ensure prompt defect resolution. Ability to clearly describe issues and defects for a use case and select the relevant evidence to support the use case.
- Good understanding of E2E accounting processes and interdependencies (especially PtP, RtR) – Ability to foresee potential chain of impact beyond his/her own field of expertise
- Experience in posting manual journal entries (technical knowledge), knowledge about flat file templates in order to be able to identify and explain posting errors
- Ability to complete output data reconciliation between various systems
- Ability to learn fast how to work with complex accounting tool in order to quickly understand all implications on the E2E process after the training is delivered
- Ability to work under time pressure and deliver in tight timelines
- Positive attitude and sense of empathy towards other team members and stakeholders
- Good stakeholder management skills
Nice to have:
- Accounting knowledge based on experience in financial reporting as an advantage in order to understand the bigger picture of how posting schemes are working and determine error impacts on reporting
- Experience with lease accounting tool (e.g. PLANON)
- Experience in tool implementation and especially in the testing phase
- Knowledge about IFRS standards and their impacts
- Experience/knowledge of Navision, JDE and SAP
We will offer you:
- Work in a great Team – we are not colleagues, we are friends. Do you want to feel the atmosphere? Check our Facebook page!
- Financial expertise as premium as our beer brand
- International assignments, Learning & Development team open for your suggestions, cross process movements and daily updates on internally open positions. Did you know we grow faster than our hops? We were the fastest established financial center in Cracow!
- Exclusive events and benefits:
- SPORT & HEALTH: football & volleyball teams, ski club, squash tournaments, dancehall classes, table football contests, city tours
- BEER related: quarterly trips to our breweries and open bar in our office
- PARTIES: e.g. Christmas Gala, SPRING Party, Picnic, themed events in the office
- CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) actions
- STANDARD benefits: MultiSport card (or other coupons), LuxMed, Generali insurance
- Office located only 15 minutes by bike from Market Square and 1 minute on foot from Imbramowski Market
- Professional support of our Talent Acquisition Team during the recruitment process