IFS Business Analyst (Manufacturing)
Finance continues to drive AstraZeneca’s Bold Ambition and driving the delivery of the company’s strategic priorities. Providing valuable data, analytics and insights will not only support growth but enable the science to make effective decisions and identify market opportunities. In Finance you may not feel you're at the frontline of research but your role in changing patients' lives is critical. Our mission is ambitious and it takes the skills of a collaborative team to really deliver on what science can do and to always put patients first.
The creation of the Integrated Finance Solutions (IFS) centres in Warsaw (Poland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and San Jose (Costa Rica) will transform the AZ middle office to a central function, supporting the business regions through simplification, standardisation across the globe, and a structure that will enable the bold ambition of becoming a $50bn company by 2025.
We have exciting opportunities in this wave of recruitment for - Business Analysts FP&A within the Manufacturing team to be based in the IFS Centre in Warsaw within the following team:
- The Operations & Enabling Team will establish best practice across the Operations site network, Central Operations, and all Enabling Units (IT, Global Finance, HR, Legal, and Compliance) as well as the Global Product and Portfolio Strategy (GPPS) Group. Your primary focus will be on serving the Manufacturing site Business and Finance Business Partners as well as providing support to IFS colleagues.
Finance Analyst FP&A you will be working in a team of 10-15 analysts and required to work closely with your Senior Finance Analyst to operate monthly cost reporting & accounting processes as well as reporting for the RBU/ABU, and to develop and improve those same processes over time. You will be required to coordinate and analyse data from a variety of sources and provide information to support business decisions. Your core deliverables will include: Providing robust, quality month end financial information to business teams; provide challenge to forecasts to ensure these are based on sound planning assumptions & resource decisions are prioritised & optimised across the business area; deliver adequate financial input & analysis to support individuals and teams to make effective business decisions.
- Experience of manufacturing finance and accounting is required. Self-motivation and a commitment to team work are key. Personal development will be a key part of the role and you will be supported to develop yourself and your skills whilst in the role.
- A recognised finance or accounting qualification
- 2-4+ years accounting/controlling/FP&A experience where applicable
- Experience of working in Manufacturing industry and in Product Costing
- Use of general office and financial systems for budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Cross boundary experience including building relationships remotely and cross-culturally
- Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams
- English Language proficiency, both verbal and written, with the confidence to express clear opinions and ability to explain financial issues to non-financial management
- Accounting fundamentals – understands the basic principles of accounting (eg accruals; cost centres; budgeting)
- Excellent PC skills including SAP, BW & Excel skills
- Part qualified finance professional, or working towards a recognised financial qualification.
- Proficiency in the use of SAP
- Experience of working in Pharmaceutical industry
- The IFS function will interface with the Back Office Shared Services function, Manufacturing FDs CFOs/Finance Business Partners and 3rd Party specialist functions.