- offer expired 2 months ago
- contract of employment
- specialist (Mid / Regular)
- full office work
- Specializations:Architecture, System analytics
Technologies we use
As a member of the Technical Consulting team, you’ll play a key role in the end-to-end deployment of technical system integrations between a customer’s Workday system and their 3rd party enterprise architecture. Using Workday’s own enterprise-class ESB technology, you will convert technical integration requirements to appropriate architectural decisions in Workday and build, test and ultimately deploy those integrations into production.
You will also support broader technical project discussions about general integration Enterprise Architecture best-practices, application security concepts and system authentication. Typically, you’ll be working on multiple customer deployments and have an extraordinary deal of autonomy around how you run those different workloads each week.
Here are some of the activities and responsibilities as part of the role.
• Month 1 - you’ll complete the instructor lead Workday Core Integration & Practical Certification training, and within your first 6 months, you’ll undertake further Specialist Certification training.
• Once certified, you’ll supplement your initial product findings through active project engagements:
• Capture and understand your clients’ business requirements and demonstrate the configurations through the development of prototype systems.
• Configure and test the Workday solution under the guidance of an Engagement Manager and Integration Lead. Depending on existing project experience you may even lead your own projects, working with a guide Workday Integration Architect who will cover the technical product and mentor you in key architectural concepts and standard methodology.
• Provide the Engagement Manager or Integration Lead with status reports and keep them informed of overall project status.
• Assist the functional consulting team building integrations which overlap with functional design or business process operations.
• Ensure the client is reference-able once in production.
• You will become efficient at processing and analysing sophisticated information, making strategic decisions, and delivering innovative solutions.
• Participate in update training and other events that help share one’s product skills with other consultants.
• You will work closely with multi-functional teams, share your knowledge and coach new team members.
We are looking for someone who has a creative approach and is eager to learn, support their colleagues, and have fun. This role will require an equal mix of business-facing and technical development skills (we’re business consultants who also design and code configure the solutions) so if you have existing or transferable experience in any of the following areas then we’d love to hear from you:
• Bachelor's Degree in business or computer science.
• Language skills: English at the business level.
• 2 years of Consulting experience, either as an Internal Consultant or with a Consulting/Software Company.
• Confirmed knowledge of software deployment life cycle and testing practices
• Understanding of integration patterns, data manipulation and transmission, including optimization for creating maximum efficiencies in speed and performance.
• Expertise in business process analysis.
• Excellent analytical and proven problem-solving skills both technically and functionally.
• Good communication, presentation skills, and technical writing skills.
• Comfortable in customer facing roles.
• Resourceful and adaptable.
• Business level spoken/written French and/or German are a distinct advantage.
• In-depth understanding of APIs, Web Services, SOAP, REST, XML and XSLT.
About the Team
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
We promote Workday’s core values, with ‘Employees’ being our first! This is why we offer flexible work schedules, empower you to follow your desired career path to achieve professional and personal goals, encourage work-life balance and wellbeing, and are proud to champion equal opportunities for everyone.
Workday’s Consulting teams are driven by a passion for our products and the success of our customers in implementing our best-in-class cloud solutions. We’re a diverse group of people, with an invaluable mix of experience and backgrounds, located across multiple locations within the region. We are often remote from one another but that doesn’t stop our sense of collaboration, supportiveness, and fun.
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.