Our financial services client is looking to bring on an Internal Auditor with Linux and Windows operating systems experience
The primary role of Internal Audit is to help protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the organisation. Internal Audit independently assesses the firm's internal control structure
As an Internal Auditor you will be Responsible for:
- Assist / Lead the risk assessment, scoping and planning of a review.
- Assist / Lead in executing the review. Specifically focusing on the following:
- Design and execute tests to validate identified application system controls, which may require data analysis, code inspection and re-performance of system processes.
- Analyse the design of controls around the underlying system architecture in the context of information technology controls such as security, availability and performance and their impact on business-aligned technology groups.
- Analyse the business and technology processes to evaluate the effectiveness of the relevant technology controls.
- Validate that system features meet business, technology and regulatory requirements.
- Validate the quality of internal SOX assessments.
- Document the results of the test steps executed within the IA automated document project repository.
- Assist/Lead in the report preparation
- Assist/Lead in presenting the scope, progress and results of the review to internal, technology and business stakeholders.
As an Internal Auditor you must have:
Mandatory skill : Linux and Windows operating systems, experience
- Deep understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems, experience of batch scripting and executing standard commands
- Internet infrastructure design and installation and support of network devices and firewalls
- Cloud computing concepts, technologies, risks and mitigating controls
- Machine learning and robotics process automation (RPA)
- Database design, setup and administration (DBA) experience with Sybase, Oracle, or UDB
- Systems and security administration and configuration of servers and desktops (UNIX, Windows, directory services etc.)
- Management, monitoring and operations of technology (backups, change management, system monitoring, incident/problem Management)
- Business continuity planning and disaster recovery design and implementation
- Software development lifecycle
- Relevant technology standards and regulations – ISO 27001, Data Privacy, FFIEC IT handbooks etc.
- Data and log analysis (using SQL and Splunk) and visualisation (using Spotfire, Tableau, QlikView or other) would be useful but not required
- Relevant certification or industry accreditation (CISA, CISSP, CISM, etc.) useful but not required
- Ability to work effectively across a large audit team, understanding the team's role in the overall strategy of the firm
- Written and verbal communication skills a must; strong interpersonal skills essential. Job requires frequent interaction with technology management
- Must be able to multitask while managing both time and work load
- Must be highly motivated with strong analytical skills, willing and able to learn new business and system processes quickly
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- Dynamic environment
- Holiday and Vacation Policies
- Healthcare and Medical Insurance
- Flexible Working
- Childcare / Family Care
- Leave of Absence