State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Internal Controller in Regulatory Reporting, Officer
JOB ID - R-586855
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was first established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank employs over 4000 staff members in two attractive locations: Kraków and Gdańsk. This offers multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle as our Poland branch provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits (including Employee Savings Plan) and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
The Financial and Regulatory Assurance (FRA) group is a second line of defense group in the Controller’s Organization within Corporate Finance. The Regulatory Assurance team is responsible for the independent verification of controls and processes over global regulatory reporting, including Basel, CCAR and RRP, and areas of high risk and enhanced regulatory focus. The primary focus of the team is the review and assessment of the quality of information pertaining to reporting and compliance with relevant regulations and the assessment of relevant risk management programs. The team works closely with other functions across Finance, Global Treasury, Risk Management and Business Units, as well as other assurance functions. This is an opportunity to join a growing group and actively participate in its development and maturity, to learn about key current regulatory requirements and gain an understanding of all areas of the company’s business.
- Assisting with risk assessments to identify areas requiring detailed testing
- Participate in QA reviews, including assessing the internal control environment by conducting walkthroughs, developing testing strategies and performing control and sample data testing
- Challenge, assess and detail test the design and operating effectiveness of key controls
- Document testing results in work papers
- Assist in the identification and risk assessment of issues
- Develop process and control improvements to remediate exceptions identified
- Work with management to track issues to resolution
- Develop subject matter expertise in regulatory requirements, best practices and expectations
- Build relationships with key business stakeholders
- Provide updates to management as needed
- Bachelors’ degree in accounting, finance or a related field
- ACCA, CIA, CFA certifications will be an advantage
- Min.5/6 years of Audit, Risk or Compliance experience, preferably at a large financial institution
- Knowledge of banking products and services, especially loans, deposits, securities and derivatives
- Understanding of current accounting and regulatory reporting principles and policies
- Understanding and appreciation of the internal control environment.
- Must be proactive and goal oriented strategic thinker, with ability to identify creative solutions
- Staying current with evolving industry and regulatory changes and analyzing impact to external reporting process and compliance.
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively challenge and influence
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and take on a challenging workload and assignments
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.