Inventory Control and Quality Assurance Operations Manager
Would you like to be part of an innovative, fast-paced and motivated team?
We’re glad to hear it.
Each action we undertake is on behalf of our customers, which is why we keep a close eye on all processes in our Fulfilment Centres. Our Fulfilment Centres are at the heart of Amazon’s world-class and rapidly growing Operations network: they’re where we manage our fast-moving inventory. They’re also where we developed our industry-leading workflows. Our teams stow deliveries, pick products, package them up and ship them out.
We’re looking for a detail-oriented experienced leader to join our Inventory Control and Quality Assurance team based in Szczecin (Kolbaskowo). We’ll need you to ensure that we continue delivering as reliably as ever to our customers, with all teams maintaining their performance and quality of service.
When working on Inventory Control (IC), you’ll carry out extensive analysis and research, as you come to understand and correct any vacancies in our inventory.
The other significant portion of your time will be devoted to Quality Assurance (QA). In this line of responsibility, you’ll proactively audit team efficiency. For example: how closely everyone in your Fulfilment Centre is adhering to agreed processes, while highlighting any discrepancies.
Inventory Control & Quality Assurance Manager m/f
Miejsce pracy: Szczecin
- Managing the site-based Inventory Control and Quality Assurance team,
- You’ll maintain Health and Safety standards within your sphere of influence, actively promoting a positive Health and Safety culture on-site,
- Monitor KPIs regarding accuracy and integrity of Quality and Inventory transactions; then, you’ll provide feedback to Operations where necessary,
- Review and analyse customer defect data, while developing corresponding action plans to reduce and eliminate causes of any issues,
- On a daily, weekly and monthly basis: develop and execute action plans for increasing quality, inventory accuracy and service satisfaction,
- Partner with Management in the communication of Inventory Control and Quality Assurance policies and procedures: you’ll keep an eye on compliance in your Fulfilment Centre,
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Amazon’s wider policies and procedures, including:
- Interviewing and training both exempt and non-exempt employees,
- Assuming accountability for setting and meeting operational goals,
- Planning and forecasting,
- Assigning and directing work and employee deliverables,
- Performance appraisal of team members,
- Rewarding and disciplining employees where appropriate.
- To build up an understanding of Fulfilment Centre inventory systems and processes, and to provide assistance and expertise for problem-solving wherever you can.
- Bachelor’s degree or equal level qualification
- You possess strong analytical skills alongside a solid problem-solving background,
- You’ll also need time management skills, to help you tackle operational challenges in a timely fashion,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as demonstrated ability to manage, motivate and positively influence team behaviours,
- Customer-centric, close attention-to-detail, as you Insist on the Highest Standards,
- Strong commitment to employee development,
- Strong technical and IT skills: you’re able to learn our Fulfilment Centre warehouse management system,
- You are ready to work in 4 day shifts – able to manage a business that can operate 24/7 (including nights and weekends). Therefore you should be able and willing to work to flexible schedules/ shifts and commit the time required to get the job done.
- You are fluent in English & Polish language, both verbally and written.
- A background in a logistics, distribution or similar environment would be ideal,
- An understanding of Lean and Six Sigma techniques would be beneficial to your application,
- A degree in a science or logistics-based discipline, with a strong bias towards analytics and data would be advantageous.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.